I neek some help

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

I neek some help

Postby Bob R » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:10 pm

Hello I'm a new member and I have a story..If any one can help me send answers to E-mail Smalltrees@digitalnowhere.com...I have a 1982 dodge 400 coop convertible a 2.2L with only 2 windows {not the usual 4 windows].. the car only has 49,000 miles original...the other day I was T-boned....the drivers door and the rear Qtr. panel are history....the lady that hit me was labeled at fault...now the Ins. adjuster is trying to give me the run around....they want to total the car....I told him that they need to restored to pre accident condition... and that they need to indemify my claim...they want to total the car and only give me 80% of value....I have 2 car resroration places that will fix the car....My question is this.....How much is my car worth and what would you do if you were me???? ....or what could you do????....I have PIX before and after should any one like to see the car....
Thank you in advance
Bob R.
Bob R

Car Information: 1982 dodge 400 convertiable coop 49,000 miles 2.2l

Re: I neek some help

Postby Eclassic » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:18 am

save your k they are going fast and i would love to see pics sorry to hear about your accident hope you were not hurt. and you can get a value off the kelly blue book web site. best of luck :cry:
the best class is ECLASS
Eclassic

Car Information: 1984 E class

Postby Butch » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:12 am

Dude thats a bummer, how much are they willing to pay and can you keep the car afterwards ? I would argue that the car is a sought after classic. I'd look up it's value in Hemming and Kelly blue book. Also get advice from the restoration shop about the value. Maybe they'll know a car guy lawyer that can prove the cars worth. You may be able to claim previous restoration costs or something of that nature.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:25 am

Hi BobR. See the message I sent to your message box.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:13 pm

I would take it up with MY Insurance agent, give him 3 estimates, and let him take it up with the ladies insurance adjuster.

Thats what I did. I had a old Buick, adjuster wanted to give me $700 for my car and that I could keep my car, he said it was totalled. I said NO WAY, after 2 weeks of non-negotiations I finally took it to MY insurance agent after fighting 2 weeks with her insurance adjuster.

Needless to say, I got a check from the adjuster 5 days later for the amount to "repair" my car. I gues he thought I would just give up.......pity he don't know me... :lol:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Return to Info and Forum Help