dodge 400 fl

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

dodge 400 fl

Postby Bob R » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Hello!!!
If you have the time I will tell you a story:....On July 29th my wife and I took our dodge 1982 dodge 400 for a ride...our quest was to give $200 to the shop that was going to order us a factory replacement convertible top for our 1982...on the way there we were going through a shopping center to get some lunch at thin little Mexican Restaurant...from the clear blue this little old lady T-Boned us at about 35mph...we spun around and wound up on a curb between a fire plug and a tree...our 400 was hit on the drivers side just between the door and the rear qtr. panel ....we were OK...shaking...but OK....the lady that hit us was OK...her front bumper was on the ground and both front fenders were bent...her hood was bent....a nice young lady that worked in the shopping center saw the whole thing....I handed her my cell phone and asked her to dial 911 and tell the police where where we were....a police type lady showed up and stated that she could not issue a ticket to show fault because it was private property and that there was not much she could do due to the fact that this is a no fault state [ FL. ]....the lady that hit us at this point picked up her bumper and threw it in the back seat of her car and took off....I asked the cop lady if she was going to get her because no information was exchanged...she said that she could not chase anyone....my wife asked can you get her with her plate #.......the cop lady at that point called a real deputy..he said that the exchange of information sleet we were given is no longer valid and that he was going to track the lady down and give her a ticket and or arrest her for leaving the seen of an accident...I at that time was told I could pick up an incident report at the police station the next morning....the next morning I went to the police station and I asked the lady behind the desk for the report....as you guessed there was no report....I went ballistic and demanded to see the the deputy's boss ....a Sargent came out and asked me to step into his office and explain what happened...as he was doing some paper work with half an ear to me he put down the pen and asked "that's what happened"???....I said yes and he grabbed the phone and called the deputies boss and told him you better get down here....I explained all over again....at this point he got on the radio and told the lady type cop and the deputy to get their butt's in the station like right now....after some yelling at them the lady cop came in and said she was glad that I did what I did because her hands were tied and so on and on ....then she said that I would be able to pick up an incident report that would clearly point out that she was at fault the next morning.... after the report I started with the insurance thing.....the first adjuster came out and said they would pay $4000.00....[400 owners pay attention] .....I told the adjuster that the appraisal says that there is $5600.00 worth of damage...the insurance guy says the book value is only $4000.00 and that they were going to total the car and all they were going to pay is $4000.00....I again went ballistic and and told the adjuster that he needs to clearly understand stature 559 clearly points out that the ins co needs to put me in the exact position of three seconds of before the accident...he argued and I told him that he needs to indemnify my claim....he argued and I told him the insurance co. needs to make me whole...at this point he told me that he would send out an adjuster that understands classic cars......second adjuster came out and was real nice and the first words out of his mouth.."what a shame"....he told me he would spend a day on the net to find out what it's worth....after 2 days he E-mailed me and said that my dodge 400 coop convertible does not exist and the only 400 was for sale on Cregs list da da da da white with red interior??????? .... well when I got done with him and when it was all said and done I got a check for $6125.00 and when I traded it in on another car I got another $1500.00....so all you lucky 1982 dodge 400 coop convertible owners your car is worth at least $6125.00 and mine needed a top real bad so if it had the new top I would have gotten at least $7500.00 to $8500.00 for my car...By the by I will find another 1982 dodge 400 coop convertible they are now in my blood and they are truly Fun Classic's that turn some heads...
If any one has some questions my E-mail is smalltrees@digitalnowhere.com...If you would like to see my car just before the accident go to HTTP://www.allpar.com/model/superk.html Both my wife and I will miss our little yellow 1982....
Bob R.
Bob R

Car Information: 1982 dodge 400 convertiable coop 49,000 miles 2.2l

Re: dodge 400 fl

Postby Butch » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:12 am

Damn, you scored !!!!
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Re: dodge 400 fl

Postby Baron » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Dang, what a shame- I looked at your pictures and that was a real beauty- I loved the color.

Is there no chance you can buy it back from the insurance company for like $100 and restore it? or is it unrepairable?

Duncan
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Return to Info and Forum Help