Damn Japs are screwing us again

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Damn Japs are screwing us again

Postby Butch » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:32 am

Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Re: Damn Japs are screwing us again

Postby taxiguy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:52 am

It is GM who is the one that is bankrupt and pulling out, making the plant pretty much useless to Toyota. I really don't see how it's Toyota's fault at all that GM is not competent enough to have enough money to continue the deal. In this case the Americans are screwing the Japs, they're the ones who ultimately lose in this deal. GM made their own decision, and Toyota is the one who suffers from losing the plant because of it. GM is cleary the one to blame for this plant closing, as it was them who precipitated it. And I see from some of the responses on Turbo Mopar that a couple of people there realize this too... why you don't is a mystery to me, unless you completely didn't read about it at all.

What I'm wondering is where the heck Toyota is going to get all their Corollas from now, since it's one of the hottest new models out there in terms of sales and it seems like they need all the capacity they can get. I guess they will source them from their Canada plant but it seems unlikely that it could handle all the extra capacity.
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Postby turbokcar » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Check out Autoblog.com, and read the article by John McElroy. the Ford Focus sold the most cars in the C.A.R.S. program, the corolla was in 5th.
Did anyone hear that over 900,000 corolla are having an issue with the brakes failing? And over 900,000 cramerys are having an issue with the door pannels melting? Nether did Consumers Reports.
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby Butch » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:09 pm

Brake failure ? Naw, not a Jap car. :lol:
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby dodgeariesguy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Their moving the current Corolla manufacturing plant to the larger one that used to produce the Matrix. Thus, having employed over 1,000 people around here to handle the larger more mainstream car. This can only be good for my little area! More work= more car's= more work for mechanics!
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:20 am

heres what i think of the focus, i think of it as the K-car in the 80's sold millions saved a company, accept ford wasnt in the red this time.
88 aries

Postby RichG » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:38 pm

The Focus is not much more than a re-badged Mazda 3, not as much fun and more pedestrian......
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Return to Info and Forum Help