Chryslers future

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Chryslers future

Postby Butch » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:09 am

Just read this.....http://autos.aol.com/article/chrysler-b ... lan-2009... Sad to see the Viper go :cry: but glad to see them save the Challenger. 8)
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Re: Chryslers future

Postby turbokcar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:09 pm

I read that the Viper production would only stop for 1 year then start up again. But who knows?
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby Butch » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Actually Viper production started right back up after the little down time this year. "Little known serect I got from the horse's month ". This is the car that needs to be saved.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby turbokcar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:36 pm

I agree, but a lot of people here want a new K car, :roll: I will take a Viper any time over all the K cars in the world :lol:
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Heck....I would throw in my K-car and my better half for a Viper or a Challenger.... :lol:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby 88 aries » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:46 pm

i agree they need a new car like the K-car, ford has the right idea with the focus, offering 2 door coupes 5 speed manual transmission, super base models with no A/C
88 aries

Postby dodgeariesguy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 pm

88 aries wrote:i agree they need a new car like the K-car, ford has the right idea with the focus, offering 2 door coupes 5 speed manual transmission, super base models with no A/C

So you want them to make a car like the Hyundai Accent "Blue",
The new Hyundai Accent 'Blue' is a stripped model three-door hatchback with manual windows and locks, no radio, no standard A/C (though it is an option... the only option), and an efficient 4-cylinder engine coupled to a manual trans. The prices start around $9,600.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:46 pm

thats the way chrysler needs ot think again, i will laugh when the fiat comes here LOL
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:05 am

I would have a K-car and a Viper. I am different. All cars should be appreciated. 8)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Veronica » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Viper is too much car for me. (My brother had one).
Saw a brand new 2010 Challenger on the 5 south on the way to San Diego a few months back. The piece of junk rear bumper was flapping in the wind at 70-75mph. No damage, brand new it is so flimsy that a breeze moves it. You can have that new car garbage. That is not a real Challenger, it is a plastic toy wannabe IMO. Classic or nothing for me.

That is what they should be crushing: the cheap plastic new cars. Absolute garbage. (Recycle them into cup holders). Used to travel all over the US for work and have rented too many cars to count. Few impressed me. Concede that the newer Mustangs are a real blast to drive and handle real well.

We rented a 2 year old Taurus recently. Closed the driver side door and was hit by the door panel falling off. The guy at the rental place knew of the problem and snapped it back on. Always seeing new cars with parts missing around town and also on the side of the road. All neighbors have more car problems than we do. Ill keep driving appreciating metal classics and let everyone else drive depreciating plastic imitations. What makes more sense: to PAY to drive a car? Or to drive for free (and possibly profit a few dollars now and then)?
Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Next

Return to Info and Forum Help