New Forum....Welcome!

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: New Forum....Welcome!

Postby Silverbeard » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 pm

old yeller wrote:Hey Ill join an Otraio site!! Thats where I live!! LOL

:mrgreen:

OK then, could you be a little more specific, it's a big province, where are you located?
Thanks
Martin ,
(in Barrie)
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:55 pm

old yeller wrote:Hey Ill join an Otraio site!! Thats where I live!! LOL

:mrgreen:

Ya its a big province like Martin said,
Will
(in Guelph)
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby dodgeariesguy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:10 pm

New Ontario Chapter Forum Up! http://ontariokcars.maxforum.org/
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby TwoFish » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Ahh, there you are! Been thinking of you lately since I got into a MVA on September 19 which caused the impact of my driver's side bumper into the rear fender area on the passenger side of the car which was doing a wide turn to do an illegal U.

So my door doesn't open, and I've been fortunate that I'm agile enough to crawl through the passenger side to get to the driver's seat.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this, since the other driver was without insurance; he had a warrant for arrest (DUI), and was not given permission to drive this car. It was his boyfriend who had permission, but had been drinking earlier in the day.

Thanks!
TwoFish

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries

Postby PKs600 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 am

Hi to all; My apologies for being away for so long (really inactive) - it's been a heck of a year. Anyway, I live outside Boston, MA and own a 1985 Dodge 600 convertible,Garnet red w/ white top and seats; it's all original, just turned 34K miles. A good friend bought it in '85 (it was a twin to the one I owned at the time) and my parents(!) decided to buy it from him in November '86 when it had 19.6K miles. I always took care of it for them, and inherited it a few years ago. I use this as a driver during the good weather and have been storing it the last 5 winters. Prior to that it was in a garage 90% of the time in the winter anyway, so that's why it's in excellent shape. One thing I appreciate is how easy it is to work on, and it rides pretty nice.
My wife and I drive this around locally whenever we get the chance and the weather is nice; it's amusing the compliments we get from folks - it gets more respect now than it did when new!
BTW - how can I add pictures? I get "sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".
I certainly plan on being more active here going forward. Thanks, Guy, for starting the site and really working to make a go of it.
PKs600

Car Information: 1985 Dodge 600 Convertible

Postby bootlegger's deluxe » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Hello, my names is Lee... I guess I'm the new guy. I'm actually a FORD guy who's shop full of thunderbirds burnt to the ground. I ended up picking up this racy little convertible for a song...

it gets decent mileage, and I think I may keep it for awhile... I'm looking for a site to find info...
bootlegger's deluxe

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:43 pm

sharp little ride there Bootlegger
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby 88 aries » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:43 pm

you might want to post this in the members area, its the most active area, BTW I would keep it and store it for the winter
88 aries

Postby Charlie Larkin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:35 pm

I remember reading about this club in HCC a while back and started looking for it recently.

At the moment, I don't own a K-Car but I've always been a big fan of them. We had a 1983 Aries wagon for nine years and 212,000 miles. It was ordered new by my dad at Deering-Cote Dodge in Marlborough, Ma, and we took delivery in late June, 1983, the day before the last day of second grade for me.

Mr. Deering remarked that it was the most unusual Aries he had seen. It was ordered with the Custom trim, with the nice velour buckets, the 14" wheels with wires and whitewalls, a bunch of odds and ends....and a 5-speed. Dad didn't like the automatic performance and didn't want a Japanese engine.

I find it amazing people did CFC on the pre-'85, which wasn't supposed to be allowed, unless dealers made some special arrangements for customers and just wholesaled the older cars that weren't eligible. The mileage you can get out of a K-Car is very good and to call them inefficient is quite foolish. People just trading in old cars because they were old was destructive to the used and collectible car marketplaces, especially considering the disastrous results for the lower-income, thrifty and people who might otherwise buy these vehicles for collecting or parts to keep others on the road.

I'm more of a GM guy, but I'd like a nice K wagon and I'm looking at one right now. My 1991 Caprice has terminal frame rot and an Aries/Reliant wagon are on the "seek out and possibly buy if the price is right" list. I like the idea of something that will reliably get 28-30 miles a gallon and be reasonably comfortable for commuting and an occasional trip.

I live in Marlborough, Ma. and like cars in general. I'm also a train fan. My other hobbies include woodworking, scale modeling, cooking, reading, music, architecture, photography, history, drawing, and a little travel. Work consists mostly of returning to school at the moment to be re-trained as a paralegal after several years in education.

Looking forward to getting to know people. Is there a chapter in New England as of now?

Charlie Larkin
Charlie Larkin

Car Information: None at the moment

Postby Woodywagon82 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:25 pm

Excited to learn my parent's gorgeous 1982 Woody wagon is almost extinct! Totally original!Never in accident!Always garaged and hand washed.Cover brochure car in 1982!white with tan interior,95000 miles. My parents bought it new and always babied !Want to sell it to someone who will truly appreciate it!!! Located in Lattingtown NY Offers! 516 2974623 michelemgottlieb@yahoo.com P.S. DRIVES ANYWHERE!!
Woodywagon82

Car Information: Chrysler woody wagon 1982

PreviousNext

Return to Info and Forum Help