New Forum....Welcome!

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: New Forum....Welcome!

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Welcome to the CKCC! Kudos to you for saving the car from powers that be and people's general stupidity. CFC is harshly condemned here. 8) Everybody thinks were crazy for liking K-cars and daring to call them classics because they are now nearly 30 years old. Our goal is to save as many as possible and enjoy them for future generations. It is seriously a race against time as the pre85s have almost disappeared forever and there are now almost nothing but K-car convertibles left. We take our mission seriously. The national K-car meet is being organized by Justin Paulson of Westby, Wiscosin, our Wisconsin leader, teenager, and K-car collector. Details are still in the works, but it is slated for late August and we have 20 K-cars confirmed so far. It will be a major step for our club. You can email him at kcarman88@hotmail.com. I founded this club here in Los Angeles in Feb 2007 based around my daily driver, a 1989 Dodge Aries LE Coupe with now nearly 150,000 original miles. Wish you were closer here. We are having our biggest meet so far here on the West Coast on Sunday, April 18th. Here are some pics from the last one for your enjoyment. As for parts, we can help you with that. You can email me at aries89@chryslerkcar.com:

http://picasaweb.google.com/chryslerkca ... RMEETEVER#

Happy K-car motoring!
Sincerely,
Mr. Guy V.Coulombe
CKCC President and founder
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Merlin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:24 am

Hey!

I don't own a LeBaron as of yet but I figured this would be a great place to get information. I'm in the market for a new car and while perusing car ads I saw an ad for an 83 LeBaron Convertible. It looks to be in excellent condition and I'm absolutely in love with the wood paneling. I was hoping that you all could give me some information. I was wondering for one if this would be a practical purchase on my part. How much maintenance these vehicles require, how difficult it is to get parts, and how reliable they have been for you? I was pleasantly surprised to see that these cars have an enthusiasts web site and I completely understand the enthusiasm. I want this car so bad but I really need to know if it would be a good purchase. Any thoughts?
Merlin

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:53 am

I have not had any trouble getting parts for my 1986 Lebaron, if not in stock, they usually arrive within 2-3 days tops.

Maintenance is no more than with any older car. If the maintenance has been kept up to date.

Is it a 2.2 or a 2.2 turbo?
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:04 am

Welcome to the club! In 83, they were 2.2 or 2.6 Mistubishi. 2.2 Turbo did not come out until 84 I believe.
89ARIES

Postby nancystewarts » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:55 am

HELLO!!!!!! NIce To be HERe! :P I am a very proud owner of my CAR.... I called him Jimboy!
"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive! "
- car finder
nancystewarts

Car Information: 2001

Postby limeydave » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi All
I just bought yesterday a 1989 Dodge Aries. It is in great shape with only 40,000 kms on it. I am super thrilled with her. Nice to find this forum
limeydave

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries Sedan LE

Postby george » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks,

I hope to find out where the drains are for my 1986 Lebaron Convertable as the front/back driver side floor fills with water every time it rains.My wife hears it sloshing front to back as if it is in the rocker panel on driver side.Help Please.
george

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler LeBaron 2.2 l Turbo Convertable

Postby Arkday Otuslay » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:36 am

I have a 1987 Dodge Aries. I love that car. She's blue like the sky, therefore I have given her the name of Perfect Sky. Although, right now she's anything but perfect. Last December I was driving home from just up the road and when I went to turn into my driveway some stupid cheerleader in a Toyota 4Runner rear ends me hard enough to throw the poor car into a fence. Luckily, the car's tough and still runs as if it never happened, but the body damage is an eye sore that I am going to get repaired someday. I just recently joined this forum and just wanted to put this up to introduce myself as an advid K car lover. I intend to keep the Perfect Sky running as long as possible, with no plans for retirement. She currently has 23,000 miles on the odometer, however I believe it suffered from odometer turnover, so I think it is more accurately at 123,000 at least. I haven't had her for more than a year and a half. But I am already in love with that car.
Arkday Otuslay

Car Information: Dodge, Aries, 1987. Blue LE 2.5 Liter Automatic

Postby Veronica » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Should have joined here some time ago.
Have always had a fondness for Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth products. Enjoy the performance which I have learned is due to a taller block (more bore, stroke and power whatever all that means). The way that I get it is that the taller engine makes fewer revolutions than a shorter Chevy or Ford engine reducing wear. All that I know is that I have had exceptional durability with Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth compared to Ford and Chevy which have been okay but far less fun to drive or durable. Since I am married to a Chevy fan, we have a side by side comparison. Guess which one is parked not-running? Yep, you guessed the Chevy. It is a great truck (1974) but not as wonderful as our 1982 B250 Conversion van or my 89 Dodge Aries. Though it does not require biannual smog and that is definitely worth something.

I am here to find parts, cars for sale and buyers. We buy old cars that need TLC. Restore them and flip them to others who can care for them. K Cars are something that is not a sole/exclusive priority, as I love ALL Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth products. In fact my ideal keeper would probably be a Panel Wagon or a 1950s/60s station wagon. (Since I am in CA we prefer to work with pre-75 to avoid this state's stringent smog laws. Of course if we find a bargain, that is what we focus on because we want to at the very least break even on the vehicle. (Beats throwing money away on a depreciating new piece of junk).

Soon will be putting my 89 Aries up for sale to a good home. I love the car, but have done almost all for it that I can. It came to me filthy and in sad shape but running well with a good body. It is currently near immaculate and getting there fast. Photos will be posted soon. For those in our area: we work with good shops that do all of the mechanical stuff. Since Im in electronics, I tend to stick with the basic cleaning/cosmetics and electrical and pay shops for everything else. These are not shops that cater to any specific to any brand of car, but we have had success with them. Our 1982 Dodge B250 van had the motor rebuilt 10 years ago for $1100 and it still runs perfect.

Not a fan of the newer disposable depreciating cars. Prefer to keep a quality vehicle on the road; and my part of that is to buy projects and to make them appealing again. That is my story and I am sticking to it. :p

Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Veronica. Thats great. I will be more than happy to refer cars to you. Our biggest concern is that our little K-cars will all be gone in 10 years except for the convertibles and woodies. The internet sales
have dropped 50% in 3 years. California laws are unfriendly towarded the carbureted early K-car models and we have lost almost all of them in California forever. So, as a club, we are constantly targeting sellers to try to save cars. There is an 83 New Yorker 2.6 for sale right now in Long Beach for $700 and it is practically the LAST surviving 83 New Yorker K-car in most of the state. Very good condition, but the timing was retarded by a mechanic that did not know what he was doing and now will not go over 25 at first. If you come to our event, you will probably see our 81 Plymouth Reliant 2.6 and 82 LeBaron 2.6 Coupe, the rarest cars we have in the club. Whats funny is that we argue amongst ourselves in the club over the reliability of the 2.6, yet some have gone 300,000 if other various things didn't break first and grenade the engine into oblivion. There is the oil pump for example. When the chain breaks, it ruins the motor. However, the fellow with the 81 you might get to meet actually has a very smooth 2.6 and his car goes up to 75 no problem. The Mitsubishi 2.6 was not known for acceleration, but his car goes. So, basically, its a war to save the K-car. We are now recognized as a classic car club in Hemmings and all K-cars before 1986 qualify as classics.
Our challenge has been all the negativity towards the K-car, thoughtless car crushers, the gov't, cash fro clunkers, all combined to make the earlier models impossible to find and now starting to appreciate to high values. So, as a club, it makes us very happy to see someone such as yourself trying to restore ANY old car for resaleW as old cars in general are under assault and the young generation doesn't seem to care much about history, let alone a car. 8)
89ARIES

PreviousNext

Return to Info and Forum Help