Log-In Issues

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Log-In Issues

Postby 1986Kar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Last edited by 1986Kar on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1986Kar

Car Information: 1986 T & C Wgn., 1986 Aries LE, 1988 Aries LE

Re: Log In Issues

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:14 pm

I can read messages without logging in. If I want to submit a new message or edit a previous message then I need to log-in. Once, I have logged in, it appears that I remain logged in unless I log-out or appear to exceed a time-out window for inactivity in which the website appears to perform an automated log-out. All these things seem reasonable to me. Leaving people indefinitly logged in is not a good practice and probably invites SPAM.

I do not know why you cannot always post under your ID. Never had that problem. Maybe there is a website limit on the amount or number of posting within a given time window for one user ID. I know other club Websites have limits on mumbers of postings and/or amount of information that can be input. Again generally to prevent SPAM attacks.

Please keep in mind that the Webmaster is a volunteer and is trying to keep up with the problems. Maybe some website settings can be adjusted when he gets a chance.

Best Regards,
Ron
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby nszotovich » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:46 am

Be patient, I was off-line for over two weeks. Charles C is doing the best he can with our antiquated server. Soon I hope we can all pitch in and get a new server and design a new site. until then we'll have to cope.
All the best
Nick
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks for your support. It sucks that we can't always fix things right away, but I will do the best I can. I think Charles that you might have a computer setting issue. My brother Charles mentioned
to me this morning that some computers may not have the proper cookie settings, thus you may be forced to have to log-in each time you want to post. 8-) Also, send me an email exactly what is going on so we can try to address it sooner than later.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 1986Kar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Everyone.

So here I am at work after being off for a few days.

I am trying to see if I can do whatever I want without an issue.

This computer is constantly maintained (not by me), and I seem to be having no

issue here at work. So it looks like it may be time to get rid of my laptop of five, yes five years.

Sorry to you all for coming across as harsh and such. At least we have insight into this:

If someone is having problems with the site, it may actually be on their end instead of the other.

Thanks for reading.

Have a good weeked all.

Charles.
1986Kar

Car Information: 1986 T & C Wgn., 1986 Aries LE, 1988 Aries LE

Re: Log-In Issues

Postby Webmaster » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:11 pm

All,

In order to stay logged into this forum, you need to allow your browser to accept cookies. If you don't, the computer is not going to remember it's logged in (which is the reason most people get logged out). If you don't know how to log in with cookies, please PM me, and I will do my best to help you with your respectible browsers

Sincerely,

Charles Coulombe
Webmaster
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Return to Info and Forum Help