1987 Dodge 600SE not starting...

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

1987 Dodge 600SE not starting...

Postby 87_600SE » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey everybody, I'm new here and I was just wondering if you might be able to help us out with the family K-car. The other day we went out to start it, but it's not turning over. You turn the key, it clicks, then nothing. Not even trying to turn over. The battery's fine, I even replaced it with two others just to make sure that wasn't the problem. I just replaced the starter relay (similar problem in an old Dodge B350 van, that solved it that time), but it didn't change anything. I'm on a budget here so I can't really just go through the list and start replacing things until it gets fixed. I was hoping you guys might be able to give me any other ideas besides starter or starter solenoid, because that's all I've been able to come up with so far.
Thanks in advance for any help!
87_600SE

Car Information: 1987 Dodge 600SE 2.2L Non-turbo

Re: 1987 Dodge 600SE not starting...

Postby Baron » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Did you check the battery cables and connections? I went through the same thing once, even took the battery down to replace it (it was still under warranty) but the shop tested it and it had plenty of power. As a last resort I cleaned the terminals- they looked perfectly fine so I hadn't done anything to them- and it started right up.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Return to Info and Forum Help