Finding Members?

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Finding Members?

Postby jed1977 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:51 am

Hi Yall, I met a member in person the other day driving one of his Kcars. Was wondering how to find members on here? Thanks, Jay
jed1977

Car Information: 1981 Reliant K Base Coupe

Re: Finding Members?

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi Jay. Well, I have the giant huge roster. If anyone should be so motivated around here to meet some people or put on a car event, I am more than willing to give you a roster with emails.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:37 pm

a huge roster and yet not everyone posts...kinda sad
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:18 am

A club is as good as its members. K-Car people are not necessarily motivated. But, a few
are and we will continue to fight for all K-car people. I am brainstorming of ways to reach out. I will start emailing all 1300 members again to ask them to come back. And, all it takes
is a couple people willing to sacrifice to make this club 200 times better.
89ARIES

Postby Pete in NH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Guy,

I'm curious as to what you think the top three things the club needs to be more sucessful?
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:48 pm

The top five things:

1.For the CKCC to be the premier K-Car Repair Site.
2. Get advertisers on here and an active store
3. Donations
4. A remodeled website which Charles and I are working on.
5. People willing to volunteer for club positions and actually commit to them.

And of course, money talks and b.s. walks. I wonder if some people would be willing to be more motivated
if I could afford to pay them a stipend per month, say $20 from the club fund?

Also, my sincerest thanks to Ronald Straub who donated $100 to the club when he asked my why the site was down. I told
him I had no money to renew the domain. We have now about $123 in the account.

Other than that, I don't know what else to do. I have been doing all the car shows on the West Coast myself since I founded
this site in Feb 2007. Justin has done a few in Wisconsin.
89ARIES

Postby Pete in NH » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:45 pm

I've been involved in several organizations over the years and one thing seems to be a constant in all of them, 10% of members are really active and the other 90% follow along. I don't think it would be any different here, it's just the way things are. One challenge CKCC faces is that we are spread out all over the country.

To the five points :

1- I think we are on our way toward this goal. There are some really knowledgable people here. Allpar has some good guys too but, CKCC is really focused on K cars.

2-I don't know if this site will ever have the kind of traffic to attract advertisers, but who knows. Please share some more on your thoughts for a club store. It certainly could be a source of revenue for the club to help maintain the web site.

3- I had no idea that the web site was down over the weekend due to funding issues. Thank you Ron for your generous donation. One thought I had was that casual users of the site could try a trial membership for two or three months but then would be required to pay a small site use fee for permanent accress, say $5. Thhat would help support the costs of the site and I think people would understand it costs something to maintain a web site. $5 isn't too much for access to knowlwedge to keep your car going and getting the repair done right the first time around. I don't know what software would be required to manage the trial memberships, so it may not bepractical to impliment this idea.

4- No commnts here other than good luck with your efforts as this is way outside of my knowledge base.

5- What positions nned filling, I'm willing to take something on that I can do out here on the east coast. Maybe that club store if we can develop the idea.

I'd like again to propose sort of a club board of directors to exchange ideas as to how to grow the club and make it more attractive to propective members. Guy, you have shouldered a tremendous amount tf the work, you should not be trying to do everything yourself. You really risk burning out on CKCC.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Return to Info and Forum Help