effect the performance of the car?
Thank you all in advance for any info you can share
wipala :?:
wipala

Car Information: 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible

Re: A/C 1988 Lebaron

Postby Pete in NH » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi,

I posted something on the A/C question on your other thread. What engine do you have in your car? Ackits.com/ts a kit for 88 Plymouth and Dodge K's for around $900. They do not list a kit specifically for an 88 Chrysler. They are in Phoenix so it would be worth stopping by and talking to them . The Plymouth iand doge kits use the original heater and evaporator case and dash vents. Your Chrysler dash may be different and not allow you to use this same kit but then again you may be able to.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby MyDodgeDip » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:38 am

Does it not have Air or has non working air? Don't know if I've ever seen a late 80s LeBaron without factory air.
MyDodgeDip

Postby wipala » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 am

Pete in NH wrote:Hi,

I posted something on the A/C question on your other thread. What engine do you have in your car? Ackits.com/ts a kit for 88 Plymouth and Dodge K's for around $900. They do not list a kit specifically for an 88 Chrysler. They are in Phoenix so it would be worth stopping by and talking to them . The Plymouth iand doge kits use the original heater and evaporator case and dash vents. Your Chrysler dash may be different and not allow you to use this same kit but then again you may be able to.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Pete,,thank you,,so the note on the other post..should have put them both on here,,but being new on the site
was not sure how to post..My Lebaron has the 4 Cylinder 135/02212 D 2.2L TBI
wipala

Postby wipala » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:32 am

MyDodgeDip wrote:Does it not have Air or has non working air? Don't know if I've ever seen a late 80s LeBaron without factory air.

The Lebaron does not have air..when I bought it I thought it to be odd, but the price
and the condition of the car were just too good to pass on..I figured we could add
air somewhere down the line...
wipala

Return to Info and Forum Help