Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Forum and Website

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Forum and Website

Postby Webmaster » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:23 am

Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Club Website

On behalf of the President, and all those who helped make this site possible, welcome to the New Chrysler K-Car Club Website. For those of you who are just come on board, or for those who have been here for quite some time, here are some of the key navigational areas of the website you may be interested in.

1. The main Website, http://www.chryslerkcar.com which probably brought you here :-D
  2. Brand new Portal: portal.php. This is the place to start. It shows some of the most active topics and current announcements. It also shows people who are online. Towards the top left hand side is a Navigation Box that will take you to the Portal, the Forum, or the brand new "My Page. You can also customize these boxes by clicking the plus sign below the advance search box on the top right hand side of the screen.
  3. The Original Forum, index.php, which now has a side navigation bar for bringing you back to the portal
  4. The New "my page", activitypage.php, a socialization page in which you can add friends and make use of the new chat feature on the lower right hand side of the screen. (Please note, in order to chat with somebody, you must request to be friends in the User Control Panele, ucp.php?i=286, with that person and he or she in response has acknowledged your friendship) If you wish to use the old chatside, you can still do so at chat/
  5. An improved User Control Panel: ucp.php

We have been working hard for several months to place that back on the wesbite, and if you have any suggestions or comments, we would love to hear from you. Very soon, we will be undergoing into our third phase of revamping to website, to include adding a WikiSite for the K-Car. This will be the first ever encyclopedia for the K-Car which will include events, both past and current, as well as people, and functions of the K-Car. The authors will be none other then the members of this club. To find out more information, feel free to email me. Thankyou all and once again, welcome.

Charles Coulombe
Webmaster
Chrysler K-Car Club
admin@chryslerkcar.com
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Re: Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Forum and Website

Postby msbish » Wed May 29, 2013 7:45 pm

I can't get to the suggestions and comments, but then I'm not very computer literate. L.J. Bishop
msbish

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Lebaron convertibler

Postby John biondo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Hey guys, thanks for accepting me in the K-CLUB... I have 13 specimens, 82-86 Conv and wagons...most running... Mostly Mark Cross editions with and w/o wood pkge...presently restoring '85 Dodge 600ES Conv w/ stock 4 lugs... How do I retrofit ? The 5 Lugs from one of my '86 LEBARONS to fit on the 600? Would appreciate any help I can get! I am in palm beach, fla @ 561 8181900.....John biondo thx
John biondo

Car Information: Dodge 600ES Conv

Postby kspring » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:45 am

Greetings to everyone from the sunshine state, I am new to this site and I presently own a 88 Plymouth Reliant K car (LE series) I paid a princely sum all of $20.00 for the car four years ago and it had 68,000 original miles on it. I just hit 90,000 on the car and it still runs great. The car has very little rust and still has all original parts including wheels, hubcaps, ect. ect. I am thinking of selling, what should I ask for the car :?: :P
kspring

Car Information: 1988 plymouth reliant K LE series

Postby tobiekat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi K-Car new friends. Strange how sometimes adversity can lead to the promise of better things. I just discovered this website two days ago. In 1985, while teaching in Spain for a semester at the Rota Naval Base, I fell in love with the Chrysler Le Baron convertible through an advertisement. My first was a 1983 Le Baron white/red upholstery, which I sold in 1995 for a 1983 Mark Cross white “woody” convertible. Two days ago, I was rear ended by a truck which damaged the right rear passenger side before the rear wheel and the bumper (the body and trim, and rear bumper). I’m looking for a source of body trim parts to fix this. I am so glad that there is a club like this so we can comfort and enjoy each other as fans of the K-Car. Right now, my “woody “needs lots of TLC. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I’m still in shock and clueless as to exactly what to do—I will see the adjuster this week. Phil :(
tobiekat

Car Information: Chrysler town & country Le Baron 1983

Postby tobiekat » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:05 am

Hi K-Car new friends. Strange how sometimes adversity can lead to the promise of better things. I just discovered this website two days ago. In 1985, while teaching in Spain for a semester at the Rota Naval Base, I fell in love with the Chrysler Le Baron convertible through an advertisement. My first was a 1983 Le Baron white/red upholstery, which I sold in 1995 for a 1983 Mark Cross white “woody” convertible. Two days ago, I was rear ended by a truck which damaged the right rear passenger side before the rear wheel and the bumper (the body and trim, and rear bumper). I’m looking for a source of body trim parts to fix this. I am so glad that there is a club like this so we can comfort and enjoy each other as fans of the K-Car. Right now, my “woody “needs lots of TLC. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I’m still in shock and clueless as to exactly what to do—I will see the adjuster this week. Phil :(
tobiekat

Postby tobiekat » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 am

tobiekat

Postby icutice » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:13 am

Hard to believe but true, there are K-Cars in Louisiana! I just bought a 1982 Aries, 4 door, 18,000+ miles on it. Lots of paperwork, including the original bill of sale where they gave Mr. Castille $200.00 trade in for his 1965 Dodge Cornet Wagon with 40,000 miles on it. (let that one get away!) The Aries cost him $9127.77 after the $200.00 trade in. Some salesman had to buy the first round after that deal, probably list plus back then.
The car has sat for years in a garage, fuel has been drained, fuel pump reworked, carb rebuilt, and I am looking for that spacer that goes between the carb and the intake manifold. Apparently, these were poor designs in rubber, and were redone in aluminum later on. It is part # 4293755, if someone out there has one or knows where I can get one, I would be eternally grateful. I'll be doing a tranny service, oil change, probably flush the radiator and of course open up the brakes, other than that, I think we should be ready for the road. My son got in it the other day "man,not even a cassette deck"; look again, not event an FM, looney tunes all the way!!
Any advice on this model would be welcome, not too familiar with the specifics.
J

Found the spacer in New Hampshire, waiting on UPS!!
icutice

Car Information: 1982 Dodge Aries

Postby zalaz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:52 pm

hi there!

My name is Juan and im from Uruguay!! Im the proudly owner of a 1985 2.2 TBI Plymouth Reliant that is in a total restoration process right now.
New painting and Engine total rebuilding including auto - transmission rebuilding its almost done.We spend a almost 2 years on that and a lot off money... :o :o :o
A lot off sensors, cables, and more is coming from USA to give live to this old K.
I will post some pics to show the process to all.
Regards! :D :D

JUAN
zalaz

Car Information: 1985 PLYMOUTH RELIANT 2.2 TBI EFI

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:41 am

Hello Juan,

Welcome to the club, and congratulations on being our first member ever from the country of Uruguay. How did you get that K-car, and how did it get that far south?
Oh pictures, and videos, please send them. Also, you can join this site as well:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KcarFri ... rnational/

Sincerely,
Guy V.Coulombe
CKCC President and founder
aries89@chryslerkcar.com
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Next

Return to Info and Forum Help