Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Forum and Website

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Forum and Website

Postby 82WagonGuy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:38 am

Hi guys!
I'm a soon to be owner of a 1982 Dodge Aries Wagon! I'll be picking it up this Thursday from its current owner. My guess is, it's probably one of the only surviving first generation K cars on the road in West Michigan! :o
82WagonGuy

Car Information: 1982 Dodge Aries Wagon

Postby D4001982 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi @all,

Don't know if I'm right here for the first post.

My name is Frank an I live in Mid-Germany. So please don't wonder about poor english knowledge.
I' try my best to get better as when I was living a decade plus back in South-East-Asia...

First of all I'd like to say than I'm happy to find a site like this which is surporting (I mean:'helping')
those famous K-Cars I'm very fond of to keep them alive. (Again: Sorry for poor style and writing).

As it happened about a year ago, I was scaning Ebay (germany) for some interesting goods.
There was an K-Car to bid on. So I did, not knowing what was the outcome till today. It was a
Dodge 400, 1982, 2.2l conver auto in good shape and I loved it from first sight. Yes, it's mine now.

I went to sellers town (München, south germany) brougt it to my city (next to Hannover)
on own wheels. Engine sounded not well, but good enough to land at 'home'. Fuel cons
was o.k. so far, but power, accel. - forget it.

Anyhow, I'm just writing here to get beeing noticed as a forum new member.

And for sure, I have questions. Also I read a lot in here (noticing I'm not alone), got good
hinds and advices, but lake the fits to this 400 2.2l auto conv....

Is there anybody out there who has a similar model and would/could help me on point-down probs?

To all you out there: Thanks for enthusias****(?) for those cars. I try hard to keep her live...

Thanks,
Frank
D4001982

Car Information: Dodge 400 2.2l Convertible

Postby fury1000 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello, to all, new to this site, may have joined too soon, I thought I had a deal on a really nice 82 Reliant, but it has not worked out, seller to be quite honest wants a lot more than its worth, and is kind of a turd to deal with.

That said I still like the cars, Had and 81 and and 82 brand new back in the day, and constantly wanted a Dodge 400 so bad back in the day, never got one.

I will check in now and then to see whats happening and if anyone comes up with a nice low miles 2 door. Also ordered the 1/24 scale Replica, shame they only did the 4 door and not the 2 door.

Chris
fury1000

Car Information: 1982 2 Door Plymouth Reliant

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:33 am

Hello new guy, did you get my email? What is your phone number so I can call you?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby teslaspirit » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:01 am

Hello club members. I am in the Big Sky country of Montana and I own a 1985 Chrysler New Yorker Turbo. She is a bit faded and needs a cosmetic do. Hope to make new friends, learn about my car and how to keep is looking and running great. And also to see what amazing rides you all have as well.
teslaspirit

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler New Yorker Turbo

Postby khaynes » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:20 am

thanks for accepting us in the club. My husband and I just bought a 1983 Plymouth reliant, station wagon. It has 7,600 original miles. It is brand new inside and out. So far we love the car.
khaynes

Car Information: plymouth, reliant, 1983, sw

Postby Wayne in NJ » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:15 pm

Good Saturday Morning from NJ,
Have an '86 Reliant K, (silver/4dr/auto/bucket seats/blue interior and the upgraded to current refrigerant AC...that AC was a must have), just purchased to go with my '87 Shelby Charger. (Not sure they actually 'GO' together, but that's neither here nor there).
Looks like the fuel lines and the brake lines need work, at least a couple tires, (may just get all four), as well as the E brake cable being shot.
If I could only figure out how to post a pic....got to find the link to my photobucket page, I guess....

Have a great day.
I'm on FB, as are some pics.
Wayne in NJ

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant K

Postby 87cara » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:00 am

First I would like to say thankyou for leting me joiun this unique club. I guess the first question I have is , are there any members on the east coast?
Secondly What do I say to my classic car insurance company that a K car is indeed a collectable ?
Ken
87cara

Car Information: 1987 Plymouth caravelle

Postby Cehowski » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:55 am

My first post never finished posting. I was able to save it as a draft, but how do I post the draft???
Cehowski

Car Information: Chrysler LeBaron 1985

Postby Cehowski » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:22 am

My first post never finished posting. I was able to save it as a draft, but how do I post the draft???
Cehowski

Car Information: Chrysler LeBaron 1985

PreviousNext

Return to Info and Forum Help