Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Forum and Website

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Forum and Website

Postby donaldj500 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:14 pm

I have a 1984 Dodge Aries light blue with blue entior for sale my email is donaldj500@yahoo.com cantact me if you are interested
donaldj500

Car Information: 1984 Dodge Aries

Postby 85lebaront2 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:02 am

Just discovered this group after having owned a 1985 Lebaron Mark Cross convertible from 2003 until it was totaled by a (then) cousin, a Mercedes-Benz ML320 in 2009. I had purchased a 1986 Lebaron convertible for a parts car, but am now in the process of rebuilding it using the 2.2L Turbo II engine and modified A413 I had in the 85 car. I plan on some brake upgrades and If I can make it work, a 1989 J-body coupe dash and steering column so I can have full analog (still electronic though) gauges instead of the clunky K-car or wiggy digital options for these bodies.

I am going to be looking for some bits and pieces though as a bit of the exterior trim is either sun backed or damaged after 31 years.
1986 Lebaron convertible, 2.2L T2, modified A413
"Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional"
85lebaront2

Car Information: 1986 Lebaron convertible

Postby Larry70 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:32 am

I just joined today. i'm looking for a few parts for my 84 t.c. convert. hope i can get some help from club members in Chicago area. Looking for 2 crome hold down latches for top- digital speed ometer-cruise parts. Then it's ready to sell! If you can help email or call 815 286 3330
Larry70

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Lebaron TC Convertible

Postby hotrod2dsd » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi guys & gals, I put a post up last night in the fix section and it say's I have none--need help
hotrod2dsd

Car Information: 84 chysler wagon 2.6 mitsubishi

Postby jt1911 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:35 am

I guess this is the right spot to post an introduction. I'm not really new here but haven't been here since about 2010. Back then I owned an 88 Aries coupe with a 2.2 liter and 5 speed manual. I also had an 88 Aries sedan in Kenmore white with the same 2.2 and auto trans.
Last week I scored an 85 LeBaron ragtop that turns out to be a Mark Cross car. It needs a good bit of work but it runs and drives. It's original black right now. I don't like black cars and plan on having it resprayed in grey or maybe emerald green. Lots of work to be done before that. Like I need to get the passenger door panel off and find out why the window is stuck all the way down.
Anyway it's good to be back. And these cars certainly ain't getting any easier to find.
jt1911

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries

Postby Kwagon2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi
Yes these critters are getting scarce .... Hopefully there will be a few survivors yet once the collector world realizes the historic significance of these cars!
Good to see you back!!
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Postby 53ryder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:42 am

Hello from Brier, WA! New to K bodies but not Mopar. Have owned in the past a '64 Plymouth Valiant, a '65 Dodge Dart and a '67 Dodge Monaco. Don't currently have anything but looking! Glad to be here!

Glenn
53ryder

Car Information: looking for one! reliant or town and country

Postby jimnmorgan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:51 am

Hello, and Thank-you for allowing me to join your group.I have recently come upon a 1984 Chrysler LeBaron convertible Cross Edition, but what is scary about this is my first car was a 1984 same everything cross edition I loved this car so much it was that copper brown outside white top pumpkin leather with the digital dash and the cross logo in the armrest.But was coming out of a restaurant only to find an empty space yes it was gone!!!! Fast forward almost 29 years I have been an avid Mercedes owner and not of that trash that looks like a Toyota with a Mercedes logo the old classic styles of the 60's-98 no offense to Toyota owners they are good cars as well.But im sorry I have got off track but I have lived in eastern colorado for the last 15 yrs and recently came across this ad for a 84 convertible needs tlc so I answered the ad only to find that the pics sent were the same color of car everything,I drove into the next town only to find this car in the back of the old Chevrolet dealer showroom where this car has sat almost 18 years then it was moved outside only to rot till bought and have a brand new top and some mechanical work done then left to sit inside again.I have paid 200 dollars for the car it has a total of 42k on her dash and I also presume original since its history can be traced.This car is an exact replica of mine with one difference mine was brand new and this will need some help but I believe all things are meant for a reason and I am so into bringing her back but someone did something to the front seats they look original but they have been recovered in cloth.So how do I go about locating the front seats in either that pumpkin color or another color leather and having them stained to match? Any help would be great I also have to replace the window it is missing could have happened when the new top was put on but I see you can get them in glass has anyone done this how does it fit? I ordered the new carpet to go in but I just hope I have done the right thing any suggestions would be good but please no nasty remarks thank you, William.
jimnmorgan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler LeBaron Woodie Edition convertible

Postby MoparK4me » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Thanks for welcoming new K car owners to join, I appreciate it !
I've owned a great many vehicles in the past, but this (recently acquired) 1986 Dodge Aries is actually the first Mopar for me !
It is a rust free Florida car with just 64,600 actual miles on, purchased brand new in the town of Zephyrhills, according to original warranty paperwork I found in glovebox. It was originally white in exterior color, then repainted later on, although in a brighter shade of white. It looks surprisingly straight for a car that is about 33 years old. Various minor dings here and there, but panel gaps looking uniform and good overall.
I do most of my own mechanical repairs and maintenance, but I have a lot to learn about the K car, so I'm looking forward to getting started.. The car does need one fix I know of already, the wipers do not operate.. Although I did try them when I bought the car (they worked then) but now, no wipers now when I try the switch (fuse is not blown) so I'll be looking into that, and probably will be posting soon on the repair forums here..
MoparK4me

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries SE 4 door

Previous

Return to Info and Forum Help