84 new yorker for $700

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

84 new yorker for $700

Postby grey86conv » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:05 pm

There is a 1984 New Yorker for sale in my neighborhood for $700. The body and interior are clean and the mileage is just 64000, but the engine appears to be trashed. It came with the 2.6. I was wondering about what your thoughts are about buying it and finding a good engine to install. I really don't need another car, but I always liked the New Yorker. Would it be worth finding a new engine or would I be better off, just looking for a New Yorker that is already running good. Any thoughts
grey86conv

Car Information: 1986 Mark Cross convertible

Re: 84 new yorker for $700

Postby 80sgal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:51 am

Personally, I think your best bet is to find one in good condition before you invest in finding an engine for this particular car you are considering to purchase. Try checking on ebay, Auto trader or classic car websites to see if you can find the New Yorker you want and then if you can't find one, consider an engine. It just depends on how quickly you want the car. It took me almost a year to find the right Chrysler Lebaron convertible and so far it was worth the time and effort in finding the right one. Good luck!
80sgal

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler Lebaron Turbo Mark Cross Convertible

Re: 84 new yorker for $700

Postby Dodge Aries K » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:26 am

I know the car you're talking about. It's not worth the money. I passed on it a while ago because the engine was crap and the guy who bought it literally ran it into the ground.
Dodge Aries K

Return to Info and Forum Help