I am still out here......

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

I am still out here......

Postby RichG » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi, Guy, and everyone else I haven't spoken at in a while. RichG from North Jersey checking in. Still have my 84, still less than 100K on the clock. This last year I replaced the power steering rack, all new brake lines, rear shocks, and tires, and finally found a windshield in Illinois that I had shipped in and replace (that was 7 hundred installed.) My wife thinks I'm insane, and I probably am. I love this ragtop. So....I happened to be in the local junkyard getting a wheel for my Taurus, when, miracles of miracles, I spot an 84 Lebaron Convertible, intact, buckskin on gold, on the lot. Wrong engine and trans, but I have never seen a pile of parts like this in one spot in seven years! Virtually everything is there, the only damage I see is the left front fender, and the interior is kinda shot, but all the trim, lenses, most of the chrome, bezels, top etc. is ok.

So get this. I made a deal with the local yard to DELIVER the vehicle to my house, and I can strip ALL THE PARTS I WANT over a three week period, and then they'll come and pick it up. For $600!!!!!

I'm going to strip this baby for everything I can, replace what I need on my car, and then see what I have left over. I may have some parts to share when I'm finished.

I haven't been this excited in a long time, since my top frame is broken at the passenger side knuckle, and this top is complete with the rear glass, which I also need. Those alone are worth every dollar I'm spending.

After the storm damage the car took in Hurricane Sandy, I wasnt sure I was going to continue with this car.....Cant wait for Next Summer now.

PS. I'm considering entering it in the 2014 Annual Wildwood Car Show next September. I was there this last year and of all the hundreds and hundred of vehicles there, I saw not one K car in the lot.

Best wishes for a great Holiday season.

Rich
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Re: I am still out here......

Postby 80sgal » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Thank you for sharing your KCar goals. Looks like you will be keeping busy...good luck at the car show!

I think in the future, we will be seeing more KCars appearing at the car shows. They are unique vehicles.
80sgal

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler Lebaron Turbo Mark Cross Convertible

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:33 am

Hello 80s gal. We are a special niche group, and most of the other 80s models are disappearing 8-) forever. We will not let that happen to the K-car.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby RichG » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:36 pm

All right. so the upshot was when i got back to the yard, Rebecca (the gatekeeper) told me a part time employee had crushed the car a day earlier. I was so bummed, It ruined my entire weekend. I will never see a pile of parts like this as long as I own this car. She broke my heart, but, what was I gonna do?

Fast forward to my birthday,Dec. 26. I had to work all day but when I pulled in the driveway........There it was. My wife conspired with the junkyard owner, hid the car, (in case I went in the yard) and had it delivered a month later. Complete. It seems my wife ( the sweetest woman you'll ever meet or the cruelest bitch you'd ever encounter) went up the next day and made the arrangements. So I was blown away. Its in my driveway, complete, and when I'm finished with her, It goes back to scrap.

Needless to say, I'm stripping parts for everyone here. Every flipping part I can take. Turns out , its the Mark Cross 84, but the floor is so bad it can't be repaired. However, I tested the instrument cluster with power prior to removal, and not only did it tell me my "Fuel is Low", it lit up with 117k on the clock, and all the displays fired (part number 04232039), if you need it, text me at (richgumbinger@gmail.com) and we"ll work it out . It's all leather interior, details to come. The rear bench and passenger seat look good, drivers seat has a tear near the top. I will have rear left and right back seat molded panels, and some trim, including rear lenses. Will post when I am finished with my pirates treasure. Already have switches, as i have taken everything out of the interior but the front seats (frozen in place). It.s the 2.6. so I need nothing from the drivetrain, and if you need something....if I can take it off easily, it's cheap.

MMF and I have conversed over the past few months. I would sorely like to meet some enthusiasts on the east coast (and I wish I could upload a picture of the car on the hoof, as it is amazingly complete) but the quota has been reached.

Hats off to Guy and his merry band of fervent accomplices and dedicated owners who have done an outstanding job with maintaining this website and posting pertinent info all these many years. My hat is off to him, and everyone who contributes. I owe so much to so many.

Happy New Year from New Jersey.

RichG
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Rich, thankyou for those kind words. I could use more of those about now. I am still here too, and my car blew a headgasket.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Info and Forum Help