cracked dash padding

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

cracked dash padding

Postby johnny g » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi,
Does anyone out there either know of a source for a new dash pad for an 86 Aries. or how to repair one if none are available.
Also, does anyone know of any replacement body panelsm such as the "dog leg" area in fron of the rear wheels. The other rust I can take care of. My rocker palnels are good as I replaced them a couple of years ago...this IS the year I'm going to repair and paint the old Girl's body. At only 46,00 mil;es, I'm not goint to let her rot away. Outside of a "power loss" light thar refuses to be reset, she runs great and with 28-30 mpg, it's a hard combination to beat. I LOVE MY K-CAR!!!!!!
johnny g

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries K 4-door sedan

Re: cracked dash padding

Postby Pete in NH » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, the only rust repair panels that seem to be available at this time are rocker panels for 4 door cars. Anything else you need to make yourself or cut out of a parts car.

The dash is another difficult one. It requires a special mold to repair or reproduce the dash padding properly and while you can get this part for many old late 60's and early 70's Chrysler products , I doubt there will ever be enough demand for K cars to get the toolIng made. There are dash repair kits made and you can find them by doing an online search. The results with these kits is less than great but it may be better than nothing and looking at your cracked dash.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby marty mopar » Mon May 26, 2014 4:32 pm

P532DS8 charcoal dash pad 1985-89 have a nice used one

www.arizonaparts.com
marty mopar
Car Fan

Car Information: 1992 Daytona IROC R/T

Postby mkjohnson39 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:42 pm

I have a very good light blue dash board padded original cover. 100 dollars shipped to you in the US. I replaced the under carriage (dash) and I have an extra. It has been listed on the
pages of the index. It is professionally packed for shipping from MO. I also have a new carpet type cover for the same dash, new in it box. 35 dollars shipped, I paid 35 for it but never used
same. mkjohnson39@yahoo.com. I have other parts listed somewhere in the index, check it out.
mkjohnson39

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant 1986

Postby mkjohnson39 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:27 am

See my entry of June 16 I have a dash pad and a new pad cover. The are light blue and dark blue in that order.
mkjohnson39

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant 1986

Return to Info and Forum Help