Should I buy...

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Should I buy...

Postby B-25 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:39 am

...a 1986 Chrysler LeBaron 'Turbo' 4-door? The car looks exceptionably clean, all-original w/107 thousand miles. All the 'lux' bits work, it drives smoothly, and was (I was told) bought for the daughter of the owner (who has three very nice, original '50's DeSotos parked in the back yard of his business) and has (I was told) been resolutely treated very gently over the years. It sure looks so.
A few years ago I bought a '84 Dodge 600E 'Turbo' convertible, just for fun, and I loved it, but chose to sell due to parking problems. I'd put a couple of grand into the car, but it still sold for more than I payed.
I've been a Mopar fan since I was a kid. 'Best car I ever had was a new '92 Plymouth Laser 'Turbo'. Black. Cool. 'Got totaled by a plumbing supply truck in the wrong lane. His.
So, my question for all in this group is:
What is your thinking about my buying this pretty little car, keeping in mind that it's going to be a daily driver, albeit a very-low-milage-to-work-and-back one?
By 107K, do you think all the typical K-Car problems (if any) have already been solved and I reasonably might think this LeBaron might get me there and back, I mean like 20/40 miles a day? What problems can I expect? How do all the motors (windows, seats, etc.) hold up? How about the turbo? The computer?
Any advice you might offer will be greatly appreciated.
Please send any replies to 'bergreneric@gmail.com'.

Thank you very much.

Eric Bergren, Pasadena, CA.
B-25

Car Information: formerly owner of 1984 Dodge 600E Turbo convertibl

Re: Should I buy...

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 am

Hello Eric,

Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Club! That is awesome that you are in Pasadena, because the center of the club is right here in SoCal. There is some risk involved,
and you will probably end up spending some money, but I'd say by that sweet rare turbo LeBaron and drive it back to Pasadena. I am having the transmission rebuilt
on my 86 woody wagon right now for $900, I know good resources. Would love to chat right now but I am in the middle of a bookkeeping deadline. Also, we had
the national record three weeks ago with 24 K-Cars at our biggest show ever.

Sincerely,
Guy V.Coulombe
The Chrysler K-Car Club
www.chryslerkcar.com
CKCC President and founder
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Info and Forum Help