1984 LeBaron 2.2 Turbo fuel pressure

Go here for help using this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: 1984 LeBaron 2.2 Turbo fuel pressure

Postby Kwagon2 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi
Sorry I missed your post there after you installed the reg! Sounds like you had multiple problems... The rotten rubber could easily have been from the fuel ....we've had ethanol in the fuel for a considerable time and I've talked to some guys that say they have had one heck of a time with deteriorating components. The only thing I've found is that some rubber accelerator pump plungers that come in carb kits (blue in colour) for Holleys turn into a spongy blob, yet the orange silicone ones last. Either way Looks like you're on your way to enjoying your LeBaron!!
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Postby 1955racing » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:17 am

Oh,yes. After doing all that to the fuel system, she's purring like a kitty! Drove it around about 30 minutes and temp stayed nice, good oil pressure, no odd noises or odors. Going to replace all belts next including timing. They are all quite dry and I'm sure will give up at a bad time if I leave them.found out no one has touched the car for about 5 years! Gonna have to put tires on, I'm almost afraid to look at the date codes! Everything on the car works except the horn, AC compressor even comes on and suction side is coming back cold! Anything else you might do if you were me? Thanks Kwagon!
1955racing

Car Information: 84 labaron town and country convertible

Postby Kwagon2 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:59 am

Well sounds like you have a plan...What I do when I get a car up and running is to do a full "shake down" run, check for leaks etc.which what you're doing ! Once you get rid of stuff that 'll bite ya the "fun" starts as in all the detailing and making the car the way you want it. I'll have to say you struck gold with the A/C working...retro fitting an R-12 system for R-134A is not easy and it tends to get quite expensive.
You have a nice car there..Enjoy!
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Postby 1955racing » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 am

Found a seeping fuel leak at the Schrader valve test port.I have not tried to tighten or remove the core because I figure it's like the other rubber parts and will fall apart on me. Can't find a part listing and local auto supply stores have no "assortment of Schrader cores". Going by the big NAPA store in Houston later this week. Maybe they can help. If I see a good assortment to pick from I will roll the dice and remove it. Any thoughts ?
1955racing

Car Information: 84 labaron town and country convertible

Postby Kwagon2 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi
Amazingly enough I've never had to replace one. The Valve appears to have the same dimensions as a standard tire valve without the long spring and "wing" that's usually attached to a tire valve. I know Chrysler never listed it or the dust cap as separate parts as they went with "SIA" (service in assembly) on stuff like that . This might sound lame but to save some hassle I'd check out a carb/fuel injection specialty shop as they usually have stuff like that kicking around... we have a local place like that and they've helped me out a few times with a carb part (they helped me out once with a replacement variable air bleed solenoid for Carter ThermoQuad as an example) , which would have normally have been a major pain to locate. Just a thought...
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Previous

Return to Info and Forum Help