K-Car Cousins Membership. Questions, thoughts, concerns.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

K-Car Cousins Membership. Questions, thoughts, concerns.

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:45 am

As it stands, in case you all were unaware, the Chrysler K-Car Club is open to ANYONE, including K-car cousins. People without K-cars or other makes
join here all the time. Justin of the Wisconsin K-Car Club Chapter has made an open invitation to K-car cousins. I approve that. However, up to this point
I have not actively lobbied for any particular car except for the standard original K-car to keep this club growing. Before I was to start lobbying for other cousins to join, I have a few questions and concerns in mind. Sure, having cousins would plus up our ranks, but I don't want to lose focus on what this club was originally founded for, the preservation and enjoyment of the K-car. By that, I mean the actual K. The cousins are K-cars, but not in the platform. The term "K cousin" is so loosly applied to almost every Chrysler that one can argue that a 3.0 Mitsubishi power 90s LeBaron is a K-car only
because of its front wheel design. Therefore, as much as I would like to lobby for every K-car cousin to join the forum, I can't do it myself. I would need
owners of cousin Ks to step forward and volunteer to do as much work as we have done to make the original K-car club a reality. We do have a few on this board. Maybe one of them could step forward. Any K-car cousin car and its owner would be a club chapter in the club chapter section of the forum. They would be the Chrysler H-Car Club and so on. By big concern is losing focus on what this club was originally founded for, expansion and perservation of all K-cars. Having the main K-Car Club as an all inclusive nebulous would make us too broad is my concern. I would prefer to see a system of simple free websites of every K-car cousin type linked into the forum through a hyperlink. I guess I am not really sure of the best way to this. I am excited about the K-car cousin idea, but I want there to be active boundaries of clubs within a major club. K-car cousin clubs would be chapters of the main club. I imagine being that the cousin cars are newer and not necessarily considered classics, they would outnumber those of us with original K-cars. What are your ideas? I was thinking:

The Chrysler K-Car Club at www.chryslerkcar.com with its forum open to all K-car cousins welcome.
However, to keep focused for advertising, there would need to be seperate webpages for the cousins with hyperlinks
leading into club chapter membership at the main forums:

www.chryslerhcar.com
www.chryslergcar.com
www.chrysleraacar.com
www.chryslerjcar.com
www.chrysleraccar.com
www.chrylserpcar.com

I think this could work.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: K-Car Cousins Membership. Questions, thoughts, concerns.

Postby Butch » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 pm

I think that's little extreme, why add more work for yourself especially with school and all. Keep it simple. BTW are you still mad at me ?
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:01 pm

No, I am not mad at you. I think I'll just keep it simple and if anyone wants to start a K-cousin club as a chapter, let them go ahead.
89ARIES

Postby dodgeariesguy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:06 pm

[quote="89ARIES"]No, I am not mad at you. I think I'll just keep it simple and if anyone wants to start a K-cousin club as a chapter, let them go ahead.[/quote]
Good Idea.
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:47 pm

now that you mention that, im thinking about only letting cars with the 2.2 2.6 and 2.5 liter, no v6 cars are allowed.
88 aries

Postby ImpK » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:09 am

I know i am new here, but i can't help but notice the distain for any non original K car. For what reason would V6 cars not be included? the 2nd wave of K derivatives all offered them. Their is a lot more similarities to a V6 Lebaron lets say than just its "FWD design" They are identical cars to any 4 cyl model. Heck the AC/AY body minus the dodge dynasty was only offered in V6. Its not like all the early 90s FWD Mopars don't already have the reputation of being "another K car" already, whether you'd would want to believe that or not. I think most if not all enthusiasts of "2nd wave" K cars know where the roots of there cars came from.

I would really doubt you all would be "over run" by owners of newer cars. Sadly i've noticed the number of them you see, especially for sale or in good condition is rapidly declining. There really isn't another place on the web for any of these cars, and frankly i think it would be smart of you to include them. I've been a member of a few random "groups" on the web dealing with any particular K cousin car, but most of these have faded away and don't really exist anymore. The final K cousin is soon to be 15 years old, thats no spring chicken...

I think separate URLS for each cousin would not really make sense, especially at this point. URLs are not cheap and I'm thinking it would make more sense to have them all included off the main site. I've made plenty of websites in my day (including a short lived P body website... not sure what happened to it though) and would be interested in helping out if such an opportunity would arise.

All i'm trying to say is, we all don't have the most popular collector cars, and its best we all stick together... thoughts?
ImpK

Car Information: 1992 Chrysler Lebaron 2 (90+92) Chrysler Imperials

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Come to think of it, about the only K cousins I see now pretty much our AA bodies. They are rapidly disappearing.
89ARIES

Postby 88 aries » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:17 am

[quote="89ARIES"]Come to think of it, about the only K cousins I see now pretty much our AA bodies. They are rapidly disappearing.[/quote]

i agree with you guy, i hardly see a dynasty or spirit anymore on the road, one here and there, all the spirits i see are a 2.5 with the 3 speed, i think the 3.0 with the 4 speed auto killed lots of spirits and acclaims.

and soon the early neons will disappear
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:02 am

At my school in LA, there is only one K-car left. Ironically, its not a K-car. It is a silver faded 1986 Chrysler LeBaron GTS 4dr Hatchback. Those are much rarer than K-cars. I tagged it twice in the parking structure, no response.
89ARIES

Postby ImpK » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Up here in Green Bay there are still plenty of AA bodies around, and a fair amount of P's and AC/AYs (dynasty/new yorker/fifth ave/imperial) Its not to rare to see a first wave K car up here either. Guess it all depends on your area. Import cars until recently have not been very popular in NE wisconsin so i guess I'm lucky there. Unfortunately other than a few newer lebaron convertibles, most are in pretty rough shape.
ImpK

Car Information: 1992 Chrysler Lebaron 2 (90+92) Chrysler Imperials

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events