Club President is back. He knows what you're all doing.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Club President is back. He knows what you're all doing.

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:31 am

Hi. The club president is back. I may have failed the exam, don't know yet. I saw the little fight between two teens. I have cleaned up the board and deleted
I hope all the negative threads. I want to welcome all the new people, including Jim, who joined while I was away. This club is my passion and I can see we
have some issues. We need to grow folks, and I can't do it all on my own. So, we are having a repair meet soon and I am going to get us incorporated
as a nonprofit so we can get some money. 520 members is nice, but 5000 like the Ford Pinto club would be better. :P James has started a google membership
for us to work on and we have some great teens in this club that are starting to fill roles of leadership to help us become the K-car club of our dreams. Without
these teens, it would be that much more difficult. I also thank everyone else who I have not mentioned.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Club President is back. He knows what you're all doing.

Postby turbokcar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Your right Guy, we all have an interest in the K car, we have questions, answers, and something to say, but we all need to be polite. If we screw this up we will loose it.
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby 1of10K » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:26 pm

I actually agree with the membership fee idea. Yes, I didn't agree long ago, but now realize it would be actually be a good thing to help cover the web costs, etc.. Hope others realize this too and support this.

Still waiting for the Club store with the K Club t-shirts and mugs!! I have the coffee already made, just need something to pour it into!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby Baron » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Just thought I'd suggest you check out this link and note what they do with calendars to raise money (no, the members don't have to pose shirtless for calendar pictures, but the K-cars might. haha). Anyway, just one working idea I saw I thought I'd pass along.

http://cbodydrydock.com/news.php
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:28 pm

At the moment, it would cost me some money to get set up as a non profit. In California, it costs something like $100 to incorporate. Don't have a hundred on me at the moment. Also, for the membership fees, I thought maybe we could do something along the lines
as this:

1. Free membership for the forum
2. $10 for an avatar account for photos
3. $30 tops for the club shirt, avatar.

And some sort of incentive to reward those who display leadership. Not sure
of what that would be.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events