Club President is taking his K car on an 700 mile drive.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Club President is taking his K car on an 700 mile drive.

Postby 89ARIES » Tue May 06, 2008 7:28 pm

Well, my family and I are going to Sacramento, California for a 4-5 day vacation on the 15th. Since I have finals at school that day, I will be driving my classic up north from Los Angeles on Friday. I will be taking my brother with me. It is roughly 365-380 miles to Sacramento from Los Angeles. I will be driving my car straight across the Central Valley. I might take the coastal route on the way back. Fuel costs will be rougly $100-120 at $4 a gallon. My brother and I are going to split the gas price. He and I will take a lot of pictures of our fun road trip for your enjoyment. It is not every day that a person drives an 80s car that far. At 119,000 miles, the car is running excellent. I just have to get my tires checked and make sure all fluids are topped off. I should not have a problem getting there. But just in case, I have triple AAA. And no, I will be not flooring my car up to 75mph up the steep Grapevine like I used to do when I was younger. I can't believe this little K has been my chief transportation vehicle for 5 years and 67,000 miles.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Club President is taking his K car on an 700 mile drive.

Postby TomChrysler » Fri May 16, 2008 3:17 am

Hey Chief!

I pray your air-conditioning is charged. Sacramento is in a heatwave (102). Be sure to pack a gallon of antifreeze for the car, and lots of water for you and your brother. Don't forget to stop by the Towe Auto Museum. There, you can see my Town and Country's mother (1961). If you guys want to go to the museum, I'll be glad to host (I'm a member). Just give me a days notice. Is my phone number on file?

Have a great trip, and say hi to the Gov.!

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby 89ARIES » Fri May 16, 2008 4:43 am

I don't have air conditioning. At least, I have huge windows I can roll down in the coupe.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby TomChrysler » Fri May 16, 2008 9:43 am

Hi Guy!

I know the feeling. I'll be so glad when I can get the A/C recharged in mine. Your's should get better mileage, though.
Remember, lots of water for you and your bro. Especially coming up the Central Valley.

Oh, and I hope the final went well.

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events