[15 June 08] Please read, club volunteer and suggestions.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

[15 June 08] Please read, club volunteer and suggestions.

Postby Webmaster » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:50 am

Hello All,

As some of you well know, our forum's traffic has really taken off these past few months, and we have grown to include members from all over the world. As our club reaches it's first anniversary, it has become clear to us, that we need to become better organized and yes, even ask for a few volunteers to help us out with the administration side of the club. For those of you who would be willing to spend a few hours a month, your assistance would greatly be appreciated. Here are just some of the kind of people we are looking for.

1. People with computer literate skills (IE HTML, PHP, Graphics to make our main website look professional)
  2. People with PHP or Basic Forum skills (making improvements on our structure of this forum. We may also need a few mods)
  3. People with organizational skills (who can organize different parts of the club and events depending on their location on the globe.)
  4. People with MAD skills. (Your desperate to see this website/forum grow and want to help in any way possible.

Perhaps there are other skills that you have and you want to share with us. Maybe you have an idea that no one else even imagined but in doing so can help the club immensely. Feel free to PM or email me (admin@chryslerkcar.com) to share your thoughts and ideas. We love to hear from you.

Charles Coulombe
Webmaster/ Administrator
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Re: [15 June 08] Please read, club volunteer and suggestions.

Postby tanc83 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:15 pm

I wish I could be of some help. I do not know much about computers. Just surf and emailing and other basic stuff. I am sorry. I hope if I can be of some use you'll let me know.
Eric Nelson
tanc83

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Town&Country Convertible

Postby 88 aries » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:45 pm

i know a little about some of this, we should have a mechanic corner, for people who dont know anything about owning a k-car, it can tell how to maintain them to last for ever.
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:22 am

Thats a good idea. We have learned from experience some of the weak points with this car. We know this car loves to leak oil and overheat. Some owners recommend changing the thermostat every oil change. My car almost overheated on the 1600 mile journey because of a sticky thermostat. Also, on that note dodge1970 has had a bit of a challenge. His K car blew up this afternoon because the engine lost all the oil in a matter of seconds. I think a rear main seal blew. He was planning to drive to LA from Canada in a bet with a Dodge dealership that his car is just as reliable as a 2008 Dodge Caliber. If his car made it without any trouble, then the dealership would restore his 87 Aries for free and give free tune-ups. Dodge1970, who I think is a high school student but I am not sure, is a Canadian from Ontario who was planning this trip and was all set to go. He was even going to try to stop by my office and we were going to take pictures. As we were text messaging, his K car blew up. I wish him the best. You can view the thread under "No car shows planned at the moment".
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Webmaster » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:21 am

89ARIES wrote:Thats a good idea. We have learned from experience some of the weak points with this car. We know this car loves to leak oil and overheat. Some owners recommend changing the thermostat every oil change. My car almost overheated on the 1600 mile journey because of a sticky thermostat. Also, on that note dodge1970 has had a bit of a challenge. His K car blew up this afternoon because the engine lost all the oil in a matter of seconds. I think a rear main seal blew. He was planning to drive to LA from Canada in a bet with a Dodge dealership that his car is just as reliable as a 2008 Dodge Caliber. If his car made it without any trouble, then the dealership would restore his 87 Aries for free and give free tune-ups. Dodge1970, who I think is a high school student but I am not sure, is a Canadian from Ontario who was planning this trip and was all set to go. He was even going to try to stop by my office and we were going to take pictures. As we were text messaging, his K car blew up. I wish him the best. You can view the thread under "No car shows planned at the moment".

Yes, I agree. I've just posted your suggestion on the front page of this forum. If your interested or know someone who is interested, please let me know so we can start this "Mechanics Corner"
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Postby Silverbeard » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:58 pm

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION????

Just wondered why so many members do not show even their state in their profile. I was glad to see that two other members in Ontario posted their cities and the are only 1 1/2 hrs. away from me ( in opposite directions) but close enough to get together some time.
Maybe its a privacy issue with the internet but giving a general location would help know if someone else is in your area for get togethers, shows, techincal help, parts swap etc.

Guess I'm not shy. This is my other summer toy and now you know why I use the name 'SILVERBEARD'. Love my convertibles with all that forehead to tan.

Martin

Silverbeard & The Bird.jpg
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby terrymirkov » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:50 am

Hey there!!,

I don't know very much about html and stuff like that, but I have some computer graphic skills. I am not a proffesional designer, but I use what I have learned to design things in my buisiness. If I can help out with anything it would be my pleasure........................T.
terrymirkov

Car Information: 84 and 86 silver converts 2.6 and 2.2turbo

Postby rafe lyme » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:02 pm

Hello, I am a new member and I can not figure out how I can put out an anouncement or posting, so this was the only box that seemed to open up after playing around with the website. I am simply looking for a POLICE PACKAGE K-Car for sale. Rafe at rafe.lyme@yahoo.com
rafe lyme

Car Information: none yet - looking for police package version

Postby whylee » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:05 am

What ever I can do let me know , you have my number
Dave
whylee

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 Convertible , and it's red 2

Postby Purplegrasshopper » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:28 pm

I have some experience in forum administration, and can help out there if needed. Thanks!
Purplegrasshopper
Car Fan

Car Information: None

Next

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events