K Car History Stats Request.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

K Car History Stats Request.

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:28 am

Still trying to learn more about international K cars. What are they, what do they look lik, and how many were made? If any of you guys have some info, please let me know. Here is a copy of the email I send to Wards Automotive for stats:

Amber,

Hi. Thanks for the info. Is it true you have no stats available before 1985? Maybe you have some general stats in archives or some source that is not online? Anyway, here is what I am looking for specifically. These are approximate dates and I may be wrong about the Mexican info:

-Canada-

1983-1985 Plymouth Caravelle 2dr Sedan (Similar to Dodge 400 and Dodge 600)
1983-1985 Plymouth Caravelle 4dr Sedan (Similar to Dodge 600 or Chrysler E-Class)

-Mexico-

1981-1986 Dodge Dart 2dr Sedan and 4dr Sedan. Any wagons or convertibles? (Similar to American Dodge Aries with Reliant frontend)
1986-1989 Dodge Dart 4dr Sedan. (Similar to Dodge 600 4dr Sedan). Did they still have the K bodied 2dr Dart sedan at this time? Any wagons or convertibles?
1981-198?? Plymouth Valiant 2dr Sedan (Similar to Plymouth Reliant). Any other body styles such as a 4dr?
1983-1988 Chrysler LeBaron 2dr and 4dr sedan. Any convertibles or wagons like the US? The 2dr LeBaron K in the US ended in 86. Did they continue until 1988 in Mexico? The taillights are different in Mexico and have extra chrome.
1980s Chrysler New Yorker K Car?
Did the Chrysler E-Class or Plymouth Caravelle exist in Mexico? I don't think they did.
1983-1989 Chrysler Magnum Turbo Coupe. (Similar to turbo Dodge 600 Coupe)
1986-1989 Plymouth Volare 4dr Sedan (Similar to Dodge 600 4dr Sedan)

As you can see, Mexican K Car history is one of taking American K cars and modifying the names and usually the front and rearends. The Dart had quad headlights on its wagon. Yet, there is no mention of it online. It may look a little complex, but all I am really trying to narrow down is what years the models were produced, in what years did they have either a wagon, sedan, coupe, or convertible, etc. Are you familiar with the Standard Catalog of Chrysler? It presents a format that will be helpful in retrieving the information. It is fairly simple and straightforward. All American car companies made standard catalogs for their cars which explain how many were made and how the bodys are lined up, etc. If only they had bothered to make catalogs for the Mexican and Canadian markets as these cars become rare and info on them is sketchy at best. Thank you for your assistance.

P.S. How much is all this going to cost? I hope the info is easy to find in an organized, easy to read format.

Sincerely,
Guy V.Coulombe
Chrysler K Car Club
(818) 219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events