Letter from the club to all members and visitors

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Letter from the club to all members and visitors

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:39 am

Dear members and visitors,

I wish to offer my sincere apologies to those who were unable to login to the forum or submit their membership application to join the club. We had some major technical problems with this forum that were not readily apparent. These issues are being resolved as the forum has been updated and sponsored by a new provider. For those who are no longer communicating with the club, please come back. We need you and we want to continue to provide you with valuable and fun opportunites as a K car owner. We are having a very special K car show coming up on January 27th in Calabasas, California. This show will have the first K car ride ever sponsored in history. So far, as a new club, we are expecting to have 5 K cars at this show. We really need a lot more. If any of you are having second thoughts about owning or driving a K car, than this club may not be for you. However, I built this club to keep the K car on the road and enjoy this vintage Chrysler product. The K car was truly a remarkable car that was demonized and praised by many. No car like it has been made since and no car like it will ever be made like it again. The K car provided the first vintage computerized Chrysler dash electronics and talking cars of the 1980s. the K car provided the first American made convertibles since the 1970s. The K car was humble and simple in design, yet it brought people from point A to point B. The K car had a beautiful streamlined boxy shape with many variations in trims, interiors, and exterior components among the models. The K car always sported the traditional Chrysler pentastar as a hood ornament or a trunk lock. Finally, the K car provided reliable, cheap transportation. The K car is one of the last truly American made cars. All models were produced within the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The Chrysler engines can last in upwards of 200,000 and 300,000 miles if properly maintained. These vintage cars are still being used as daily drivers, Many people like me appreciate these cars and these cars are now becoming collectors items. We need members. Come join the K Car Club today and spread the word.

Sincerely,
Guy V.Coulombe
(818) 219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Letter from the club to all members and visitors

Postby 88 aries » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:33 am

indeed i want this low mileage aries i keep talking about plate Number is 731-LME, im going to offer the young lady who knows nothing about cars 200 dollars, just think a 51,000 mile engine for 200 dollars, and if i do buy the whole car will be restored. just like my Reliant
88 aries

Postby 2scots » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:40 pm

I love my "K" and it has been tucked away for the last 2 weeks due to snow and ice in Atlanta. Can't wait to drive it again.
2scots

Car Information: 85 Dodge 600es Convertible

Postby nszotovich » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Hang in there 2scots, this too shall pass. It just like love. Absence make the heart grow fonder.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby surfacedoctor10 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Try living without driving your convert. for 6 months. Thats what we in the great white north contend with every winter. My 84 Lebaron turbo convert. is stored in my garage next to the house, but atleast I get to see it every day and sometimes sit in it and make vromm-vromm noises.
surfacedoctor10

Car Information: 1984 chrysler lebaron turbo convt.

Postby Butch » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:21 pm

[quote="surfacedoctor10"]Try living without driving your convert. for 6 months. [/quote]
You think thats bad, try living without riding your Harley for 10 days !!!
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby 2scots » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Well, with this weird weather pattern, it's beginning to feel like that! I'm sincerely glad it's not 6 months though...
2scots

Car Information: 85 Dodge 600es Convertible

Postby eric_ju » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 pm

I got to drive my Aries into a car trailer when we moved last month. won't get to again until at least April. 2 1/2 feet of snow in front of the garage.
eric_ju

Car Information: 1983 dodge aries 2 door.

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events