How can we get more members?

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

How can we get more members?

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:28 am

Any thoughts. We have grown, but we need at least 500 more members. I wish we had 10 members within 3 miles of my house for bigger shows. We are lucky that we have about 10 in the metropolitan Los Angeles area. I am planning to do a merger with Chrysler Woody clubs that have some woody K car owners. I hear that may bring us 100 more members. Also, surprisingly, tagging K-cars with fliers does not work nearly as well as word to word by internet. But, it doesn't hurt. I did score two members that way. Well, we are doing better than most other 80s economy car clubs. Fact is, we are one of the very few doing anything. The GM J body club for Cavaliers, Sunbirds, etc, of the 80s has about 50 people with no car shows at all. I really wish they were as active as we were. Fact is, I hate to see any make and model get shunned into extinction.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: How can we get more members?

Postby 88 aries » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:22 am

maybe we could post it on all mopar sites, and maybe get reconized on tv or something
88 aries

Postby jerrold murphy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Well, one possibility would be to put an ad in the Old Cars Weekly magazine. several clubs do that, and it is widely read. they are located at 700 E state St. Iola, WI 54990-001.
phone 800-942-0673.
they also have one issue in which they list all car clubs about which they have information.
on another matter, there is a fellow up in Kallispell, Montana who has a 1986 woody inpretty good condition for sale at a real good price. I would buy it but it is too far away for me--(2,216 miles to be exact.) daveghenderson@hotmail.com is the e-mail address for inquiries.
now a question--what about the woody k-car club? I don't know about that. how can i contact them?
thanks.
another thought--here is a site that lists lots of car clubs, and it is free bigalslist@sbcglobal.net
lots of other good info on there. of course, it is mostly back east, but still a good site.
best wishes
jerry murphy
vienna, w.va.
jerrold murphy

Car Information: 1986 chrysler le baron town and country station wa

Postby RichG » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:25 pm

I say, free drugs. If not, find Chrysler owners, regardless of the year, and point a loaded 45 at them. Seriously, free drugs should work. No seriouly, only people who take their cars seriously would consider becoming part of this forum. Finding them (or reaching them) is the issue......
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby ReliantLV » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:53 pm

[quote="89ARIES"]Fact is, I hate to see any make and model get shunned into extinction.[/quote]

My feelings exactly. I get a bit tired hearing that my car has "no value" and I won't ever be able to sell it and "make profit" because it's "not that kind of a model". It never was a thing of prestige for me, I love it for what it is and the "value" of it for me is simple - they don't make them anymore, and never will.

[quote="RichG"]I say, free drugs. If not, find Chrysler owners, regardless of the year, and point a loaded 45 at them.[/quote]

LMAO :D

[quote="jerrold murphy"]best wishes
jerry murphy
vienna, w.va.[/quote]

I saw Vienna and my heart skipped a beat (as it's relatively close to here), but then saw W.VA...... Sigh! LOL

If anyone does know of any European K-car lovers, please do let me know! At least we could meet up...
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Well ya know its funny. Certain American cars of the 80s appear to be in the process of being shunned into extinction. We are quite lucky that some interest for the K-car is growing. Partly because I was born in 1981, the 80s cars happen to be among my favorites. For example, the "dreaded" GM J body of the 80s has no car shows and whats left on the road is extremely scattered and beat-up. Even the convertibles are almost impossible to find. I am talking about Olds Firenza, Chevy Cavalier, Pontiac J2000, etc. Somehow, I manage to find one once in a blue moon and they do appear once in a while online. However, typically the first few years for these cars now NEVER appear for sale online. Also, I can't find any of the early 80s GM A bodies like Celebrity, 6000, Cutlass Ciera, and Century. I have been flamed before at other forums for expressing my love for GM products, but the fact is that 80s cars still do not garnish much respect here in America and our club is shining example of what other owners could do to preserve their cars. Also, there is much more interest in preserving American 80s cars in Europe and Canada than at home. Funny isn't it?
89ARIES

Postby 84Aries » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:03 am

I plan on making flyers this weekend and begin tagging some K-cars around my house and carrying them with me in my car for when I go to Toronto/Mississauga, THERE IS STILL TONS OF K-CARS THERE!! I dont know why?
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:05 am

Thats great. The supply is starting to really dry up here in So.California. In 10 years, I might be asking you for parts (hope not). LOL :)
89ARIES

Postby 84Aries » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:11 am

Sounds good Guy, Is it fine with you if I do up a few window vynils that say http://www.chryslerKcar.com ? If you need parts I can locate them with ease here and get them cheap.
84Aries
Car Fan

Car Information: finding another one

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Absolutely.
89ARIES

Next

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events