K-Car club in Hemmingsway Jan 09 Issue.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

K-Car club in Hemmingsway Jan 09 Issue.

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:21 pm

I wish to express my gratitude for one of the top editors of Hemmingsway, David Traver Adolphus, for putting our club in the January 2009 issue of Hemmings Classic Car Magazine under "Cold Case K Cars" in Club News. It shows a nice colorful picture of the K-cars at the dealership lot and my name and our contact info. This will help promote the club during the slow, winter season. This is the third time Hemmings has mentioned us.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: K-Car club in Hemmingsway Jan 09 Issue.

Postby 88 aries » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:51 am

i made the article bigger and framed it now i will take it when i go to some mopar shows
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:27 am

Hi Justin. By the way, where can I find that article about your K-cars in Westby?
89ARIES

Postby 88 aries » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:26 pm

at http://www.westbytimes.com

they havent got the article printed nor is it up on the website yet, keep looking though it should be on there
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:51 pm

By the way, I was up until 1:30 AM last night downloading hundreds of pics to a picassa account. My brother and I have been working on major changes to the website. In that picassa account will be all the pics I was able to salvage for member's rides. Yours are included. Unfortunately, due to a storage problem, I lost half the pics you all sent me over two years. I also am going to have a visible link on the front page to your website. I want to build a registry of car club chapters in every state. The last major challenge is how to get a membership map. The challenge is money. I am financially challenged and may have to ask for donations if the system costs a lot of money to implement. We must have a google map system where each red star is a member that lists only the name, car, city, and state. That way, all of you can start networking and building local club chapters. By the way Justin, it took us two years to get to where we are now. Don't be too disappointed if takes you two years to get your website to where it needs to be. There were a few times where I was tempted to quit the club in the beginning as it took a lot of my personal time and resources to just get three people at our first show. Granted, California sucks when it comes to any interest in the American 80s cars. You guys motivate me and I am so thrilled that a young person such as yourself would take the initiative in promoting our club. The K-car may never be as popular as a Mustang, but it will always be my favorite car.
89ARIES

Postby tanc83 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi all,
I saw the article. Hemmings seems to be a friend of the k-car. Two good mentions of the club and an article about the Town and Country Convertibles. My car was featured in the readers wheels section of Old Cars Weekly a few weeks ago too. Got to keep those K's in the public eye. Now some bad news. I maybe forced to put LiL'Woodie for sale. My work place is getting slammed by the economy. Hours cut ,pay cuts ect. I am barely keeping afloat right now. Even though he's paid for storgage and up keep on a big toy mounts up. Ive cut out cable cell phone and all unnessacary expensise. Except internet. I hope I can figure something out soon.If I don't I'll post him here first.
Keep those K's roling
Eric
tanc83

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Town&Country Convertible

Postby Baron » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:24 pm

I wonder if another member might be willing to store it- for free- until things turn around. That way you wouldn't have to give it up permanently because of a situation that will probably be temporary. I would offer a spot in my garage, but I'm way out here in California and my space is not the most ideal (kind of tight and can get dirty), but for something like that, I'd figure something out. Although I'm probably not the best person, mechanically, at least, for doing upkeep.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby tanc83 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:49 am

Thanks I am still on the fence. Family pushing to "Dump it". We'll see.
tanc83

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Town&Country Convertible

Postby 88 aries » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:57 am

sorry to hear that Eric, it might be quite lonely this summer showing, Hope you dont sell it.
88 aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events