Basic Communication Courtesy Challenge. Ps and Qs

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Basic Communication Courtesy Challenge. Ps and Qs

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:52 am

This biggest challenge in our club is simple, polite Ps and Qs. We just lost a member, and I say good riddance to him (he was a jerk), because of this simple problem. He was complaining that people he tried to buy things from were slackers, not returning his emails, etc. I don't know if my big show I put all this
effort into is going to pay off, basically because of this basic problem. No follow-up with emails, forcing me to resort to cold calling. I sent three welcoming
messages to new members, and got the cold shoulder. Anyway, we have some major challenges threatening our survival, but we have come this far with 1,200 members and Charles is working to try to fix this bugged software as I am writing this. I have noticed a lot of pre-madonna attitudes when people on this site aren't served immediately. When people don't respond, I start assuming the worst, as so many people are flaky today. Then, I get angry, like I am angry at that member up north who used to be cordial, then just left the club one day and ignored my emails when I tried to reach out. That is all I have ever tried to do in this club in my imperfect human nature was reach out to you all, as one man in the wilderness. And, one really doesn't know what that person's state in life is or issue behind the seemingly harmless username. So, please, be patient. Its a sign of the times. Don't get mad when people don't respond right away because they are busy, or maybe they are criminals. Now, you see why a club president feels put out. 8-) However, I think half our battle is this site getting attacked by spammers and software issues. Please bear with us as we work to save the club. We have had 9 K-car shows and some meets back east, so its not all that bad. Plus, I have the 1,200 member roster, and 100s of phone numbers, that I can continue to lobby for support and beg people to reconsider us as something worthwhile. Please, be positive, and above all, think of ways to support your president. He is tired and really needs a break from all this stress. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Basic Communication Courtesy Challenge. Ps and Qs

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:26 am

LOL. Some of our own inactive members may just be criminals. Thanks for the good read Ron, lol. :lol:

http://doylestown.patch.com/articles/do ... police-log
89ARIES

Postby nszotovich » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:06 am

Like any blog site, this is a community, filled with every human personality type imaginable. There are going to be disagreements and problems. We all have one big thing in common. We love K-cars. All the arguments, mutinies, abandonment cannot alter that fact. That is something to build on.
And of course laughter will get us though the rough spots.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:19 am

Point well taken Butch. I have tried to communicate with that engineer, but he ignores me. Until you have
tried to build a club, you have no idea what the barriers are. I guess we should just all give up and join turbo-mopar. right? Fact is, it seems very few people here really have any interest or substance in the K-car. I have tried to build friendly affiliations, but I haven't seen anybody from Turbo-Mopar try to reach out to this club or participate in our events, despite my repeated invitations. I even invited the entire Shelby Dodge Auto Club to come to Fall Fling, but only a few of you showed up. I am even going to make a guest appearance next week to enjoy the camaradarie of SDAC and try YET again to get some more of you folks involved with us. In general, enthusiasm in car clubs is lacking, especially if the cars aren't powerful or flashy. But more importantly, most people would rather be followers and let the leader do all the work himself. This is not to single out anyone, but the fact remains is that very few people in general today are willing to work for the greater good. And, I might ad, one of my members with the 2.6 felt singled out at your meeting and now won't be coming back. He may have even dropped out of this club. And, he had the only 81 K-car in the club locally and it took us 3 years to get a 1st gen 81 K member. He claims people shunned him and didn't want to speak to him, maybe because he was "different" or didn't have a real "mopar". And by the way, your club dropped the ball on getting the Rampage meet together in December. Maybe you president had burnout. He and I have chatted and related to the daunting, and thankless task of calling 100s of people and emailing 1000s and getting blown off. I didn't do an event for 6 months because of this burnout syndrome and I didn't want people to feel "put out" because they are asked to come to a meet and have fun. I was very surprised that SDAC, which is much bigger than the CKCC, let that meet fall apart, or rather, car club people today really just aren't as dedicated as they were in the previous generation. Also, the SDAC club used to dominate the Spring Fling show back in the 90s. Why don't we try to work together to try to dominate the field in the 2010s. I am planning some roadtrips for June and August. Your cars aren't exactly commonplace anymore either. 8-)
89ARIES

Postby Butch » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Well for one thing, Turbo-Mopar is a forum NOT a club. There's been members from there that have posted here as well. And yes the SoCal SDAC Chapter doesn't participate in the Chrysler Performance West spring fling but neither does the Dodge Viper club of America. WHAT you constantly fail to realize is, the Chrysler Performance West Club mostly consist of people interested in the old school RWD muscle cars ( as I am as well ). Always has been and more than likely always will be that way. Being that a few of the SoCal SDAC guys are going to the BETTER Mopar event in Vegas, the spring fling has very little meaning in comparison. As far as whats his name with the 2.6 4 door Relaint, well BOOHOO. He got pissed at me because I cuoldn't drop what I was doing to help him out in December. The one meeting he did attend, I sat next to him and we did talk. So WTF more did he expect from us.!!!! November is Rampage mo. not December, and yea it didn't happen. But Alan didn't get all pissy over it. And why should he ? After all we meet every month anyhow. And yea, ours cars aren't common place anymore especially compared to the K cars but must of the owners do their own repairs and mods. This is the EXACT reason the K cars owners should be involved with the other FWD Chrysler guys. I disagree about car club enthusiasm as the Dodge Viper Club of America has been keeping us very busy at work. Speaking of work, the owner worked at Claud Short Dodge back in the day and worked on K's when they were new. Mike F once mentioned this man to you but I could tell that you didn't hear him. This was at the 1st repair meet that I didn't get any credit for. And no, he dosen't want to work on old cars anymore since they're more trouble than they're worth. Especially the 2.6's. The bottom line is your "out of the box thinking " or ideal car club for you has no substance or excitement to it. Altough it can be entertaining at times. HAHA
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Chief » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:33 am

I totally enjoy mostly all of the SDAC guys, except for Carroll Shelby's best friend (inside joke), and they are just a fun group to be around. These guys, for the most part, are hardcore 'gear heads'. So they are not driving their cars for the aesthetics versus the actual performance expectations. Whenever I attend one of their meetings, it's always lively, informative, and with lots of camaraderie (they've been meeting at the same location for 18 years).

Recently I met this one vendor there from Arizona who manufacturers one of the best radiators I've ever seen ($300) and I could not believe how much time, effort, and research went into its creation; and it also drops into K-Cars. I think that's why I always go back again and again, plus the best part of all is that I get to hang out with Butch! ;-)

The times I have been around mostly K-Car owners, you don't get the same DIY technical camaraderie that the SDAC guys share. But that doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing, because people do share different commonalities. In the Allante Club I belong to, we share more mutual 'Concours d' Elegance' goals that we are trying to achieve, versus anything that would be considered performance oriented. In my Honda Element Club, I am definitely with the 'tuner group' and we continually strive for "MORE HORSEPOWER". An Element comes off the showroom floor with about 160HP, and that's not a lot for hauling around 3600 lbs. I've cranked my out to around 230HP, and with the Jackson Racing Supercharger I'm putting in there I'll be close to 300HP. My Buddy Toby's Element called "The HELLEMENT" is cranking over 450HP out of a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine! We all love to get together and talk engines! I've won over 20 trophies with my Element and it's a hell of a lot of fun, but I still enjoy the hell out of my K-Car.

That is precisely the point I'm trying to get across, we have to establish the commonality in these cars that each of us enjoys, and learn to share that joy with each other. That is the true nature of a club, or a forum, or just a bunch of guys who just really enjoy hanging out together. Until we establish what that commonality is, then we're all just a group of people who just happen to own K-Cars!

The reason why I stand behind Guy is because he is so passionate about his mission in reference to the K-Car, and he genuinely loves them, and probably every other American car from the 80's! So I don't have a problem saying that we should all try to give him as much support as we can, and help out where we can. Let's work together to make the CKCC the premier destination on the World Wide Web for all Chrysler K-Car enthusiast!!!
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Chief wrote:
>> Recently I met this one vendor there from Arizona who manufacturers one of the best
> radiators I've ever seen ($300) and I could not believe how much time, effort, and
> research went into its creation; and it also drops into K-Cars.

Do you have any contact information on the vendor? Thanking you in advance.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Chief » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm

He comes to the SDAC Meetings here and there, but Butch knows him, so I'll have to get the info from Butch.
Chief

Postby Butch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:14 am

The vendor is Chris Wright that owns TurbosUnleashed....http://www.turbosunleashed.com/shop/
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Chief » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 pm

[quote="Butch"]The vendor is Chris Wright that owns TurbosUnleashed....http://www.turbosunleashed.com/shop/[/quote]

Thanks Butch, I knew I could count on you, and I am planning on being at the April SDAC Meeting!
Chief

Next

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events