Toyota Corolla DIES at the foot of the K-car, lol lol......

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Toyota Corolla DIES at the foot of the K-car, lol lol......

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:50 am

I can't believe it! I found, pursued, and tagged another K-car I didn't know existed where I live TODAY, and the Corolla died doing it, and I did something stupid.....

Georgeous blue 1986-1989 Dodge Aries Coupe with a trunk spoiler, new paintjob, and Batman emblems on the back window, and all nameplates removed
and being driven by a young lady and car was crammed with four people. It turned out to be a daily driver. Good condition. :D

As I was driving home on Laurel Canyon Blvd, I suddenly see this dark blue spoiler K-car coupe come out of nowhere. I had never seen this one before. I decided to follow it.
The dying Corolla lumbered along discreetly behind them with yours truly at the wheel. I ended up having to follow it all the way to the north end of town. As I followed the car,
I could see all seats were taken with two kids in the back seats. Batman emblem on the rear window. Chrome plated license plate. I am ashamed that I accidentally blew through a red light as I tried to get through a yellow light so as not to lose the K. I will NEVER let that happen again. I was surprised that I ended up right at the address where the K-car resides, a house with a big tall wall right next to the supermarket I have been going to since I was born. So, now I have an exact address. I quickly got out of the Corolla and tried
the best I could to casually and politely walk up to the lady driver and hand her my flier. I was met with some mild hostility, and then the tone changed. She thanked me in broken english, and said "no habla english". I gave her the fliers. To make matters worse, the car was now dead in front of her house and they probably thought I was staking out the place for an assasination attempt. :mrgreen: I tried to start the Corolla, but it was almost stone dead. I had no choice but to beach the car for 30mn and hope that it would start
later. I barely was able to start the car 30mn later, but not before I waited in the car and much to my chagrin, saw the blue K leaving the house with me still waiting in the Corolla for my mother to pick me up. I think she saw me, but I am not sure. Finally, the clunker started and I was able to go home. :mrgreen: :shock: :shock:

I also checked on that 83-84 TC Wagon on Chatsworth. It still hasn't left. But, the car is parked now facing a different direction. I think it still lives. :mrgreen:
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events