You K-Car techs at the CKCC our the future and hope.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

You K-Car techs at the CKCC our the future and hope.

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:31 pm

If it wasn't for these good folks:

Butch
My Dodge Dip
Bill Bauer
K-Car Wagon
Justin Paulson

and some other names I am probably forgetting

I wouldn't be driving right now. We are building
a dynamite repair resource site. We are going to be the premier
K-Car repair site and that will keep our club growing.

Thanks. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: You K-Car techs at the CKCC our the future and hope.

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Now, if we could just find a Mitsubishi 2.6 expert willing to assist our members lost
in the wilderness. At least I found two 2.6 mechanics in LA, but we need to build that
2.6 resource base. All the limos, except for 86, our 2.6s ya know. I am actually quite
curious about this engine and would love a repair workshop on it.
89ARIES

Postby 88 aries » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Dont forget will hall.
88 aries

Postby Butch » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:12 am

The problem with BUTCH is, by the time he reads this very exciting forum he's too tired to respond to anyones prblems. I'm going to bed now.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby nszotovich » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:17 am

Dreaming of Vipers, I imagine. ;)
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:22 am

88 aries wrote:Dont forget will hall.

Will Hall (myself) has a somewhat lost hope when it comes to helping this club, donated some money a long time ago, no recognition, donated my time and advice from time to time even in email form to members contacting me that way no response letting me know if it worked or not, to be honest I only drove my 86 3 times this summer because it reminded me of some unhappy times working on this forum trying to help, at this rate I'm not sure the 86's ownership will have my name on it this time next year. I've since bought a 2000 Caravan Sport that I've taken from 190,000km's to 302,000km's and have been working over at The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club who take my advice and give me advice when I ask, also when I had my Sundance god knows Allpar saved my ass many times with mystery running issues until it was totaled. No offence to any members or Guy but I needed to let everyone know where I've been and my state of the club address in my view. Sorry its not a brighter one...
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:42 am

Hate to say it guy but will is right...and I just joined the minivan forum and it offers alot and looks up to date...
88 aries

Postby Butch » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:24 am

What is sad is people reaching out to a bunch of novice backyard mechanics to help solve their problems INSTEAD OF GETTING A FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL for their car. Will should grin and bare it as I have since knowing Guy. I could have given up on him, but he's sill good for a laugh now and then. :lol: Just because you don't get your just reward doesn't mean that others haven't benifited from your advice Will. I have help many people in the Turbo Mopar community without so much as a thank you but I do continue because there are people who have appricated my help. Hell, as a professional tech I've taught guys things and they turned around and stabbed me in the back. But yet I'm still willing to teach people, WHY !!! I don't have a fucking clue. :roll:
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby nszotovich » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:33 am

This club is a metaphor for the whole world. You have to do it for yourself because you want to, not for some future reward. Otherwise there is no satisfaction in anything.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 am

Justin and Will, the response you get is EXACTLY the response I get from most of the members here on a daily basis. Why should you be surprised? Most of us our busy and it is impossible for me to service the 1400 members the way I want to. You don't realize that I have spent 100s of man hours personally reaching out to people. In the past, if I have not recognized you or others, it was not intentional. It has simply been more than one person can handle. If you aren't passionate about what you do and are in it for yourself, then you aren't going to hold on to that "hope" or drive to continue to pursue, persist, pursue, persist. Even if its just 20 people here, they are passionate about the K-car and we try to help each other out. And, in the end, besides saving a stupid car, isn't that what life is about, helping people? And frankly, I consider some of the members (and this is for me to know and them to find out) disloyal and unable to be trusted. I asked for help and got nothing. Instead, I got stomped on and much disrespect. A few times I wanted to throw in the towel. You don't realize how lucky you are there is a K-car club. I built it and deserve much more respect and support than I have received. People have forgotten their places and are unwilling to submit their ego and loyalties to any type of authority, including leaders of club. And, if my hand is forced, I reserve the right to ban anyone I please. And even then, I have always given that person a chance to return on trial basis. They may not like me, but they damn well better respect my position as club leader, or at least pretend to, or they can take a hike. Those that know me know I take care of my people. I now realize that all that is important is to do the best that I can for those few as I try to save what little I can. Just because the rest of society doesn't care about history and preservation, doesn't mean I'm throwing in the towel. We also have new techs here and a club is only as good as its members. We may remain a small niche club, but so be it. Better than being some huge conglomerate of blended identities. If you have no hope, well, thats your choice. I for one have great hope and we are remodeling the main site as we speak. I hope you will stay and lets work together for a better future. Bear in mind, that we are in the midst of the Depression and people are more interested right now in junking K-cars to keep a roof over their heads. Ultimately, its this Depression, people's lack of enthusiasm in the 21st century, goverment incentives, and K-car people's apathy and laziness that is the biggest challenge. Also, in general, car clubs are not doing well right now and more people are interested in a roof over their heads. So, what leadership role did you have in mind? What about that Ontario Chapter? When is the Ontario K-Car Show? How come you haven't made a dedicated page to the now extinct Plymouth Caravelle? Why don't you contact Djvant and form a meet? He has several K-cars you know.
89ARIES

Next

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events