Why I won't give up on Alan.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Why I won't give up on Alan.

Postby 88 aries » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 pm

fuel issues would either be the fuel pump or the fuel filter..Those filters are easy as pie to replace...as they are right under the passenger side rocker panel...all you need is a screw driver....
88 aries

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:54 am

88 aries wrote:fuel issues would either be the fuel pump or the fuel filter

and/or something related to the throttle body assembly like its fuel pressure regulator .....

[
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:26 am

I have been reading the factory manual that Ronald Straub just mailed me for free. I am not saying I can't learn. I am saying I am not mechanically inclined
and don't have the time, space, money, or tools to just rip apart an engine and swap out a headgasket since in LA they can tow your car away for doing it in the street anyway. I am now afraid to drive my car on the freeway. This Sunday, Bill and I are jacking up my car, we are going underneath, assess the damage, and see what my family mechanic charged me a whopping $600 for. I am going to throw money at a new fuel injector and see if that takes car of my starting issue. The computer codes have been cured. No computer codes. Odd that according to the scanner, the car is idling normally, but has periods still of near stall, and still the occasional attempt to cut out. I will blame the fuel system. I also don't have the money to throw at a "professionial" since nobody knows how to work on K-cars anymore, except for the few here, and so without money, two jobs, and little time, I am forced to drive my car into the ground. I only finally broke down and paid Bill and Butch little or nothing when my car became unsafe. Bill and I are good friends and I split a commission with him on a referral. Butch, did you look at Thomas Scheider's wagon? It is a paradox how many people like to rag on people that are slow learners or odd when they know little or nothing of their life circumstances.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 am

you telling me you don't got a driveway? What can I say..for someone that doesn't know much about cars, you shouldn't be driving an old K-car...They are great as toys or dailys if you know how to work on them...we are just saying that you are better of taking your money and purchasing another car to drive...shucks I could take it to the scrapyard right now and collect 400.00 for the thing...turn around and buy another car for the same price, sell it and then buy another...
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah, but than your scrapping a collector car. Thats why there are no K-cars. Everybody is gung ho to crush everything.
89ARIES

Postby Baron » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 pm

mho, for what it's worth? If you really love your K-car as much as you say you do, you would be parking it until you could afford to have the proper repairs made to it to not only make it safe but to also help preserve its life. As someone else suggested, buy yourself a beater, drive IT into the ground and save/take care of poor Alan the way he should be. Just continuing to drive the car into the ground just means that one of these days, it will go to the crusher because you will have left yourself with no other choice.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby 88 aries » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:08 am

THANK YOU BARON!!!!!!!!!!!! :D You call it a collector car...to me a collector car is one that is well taken care of garaged and not drove into the ground..like mine for example, they sit and look pretty and go to car shows on the weekend, Its fun to mash down the pedal once and a while to get the carbon out...the 81 especially, you can hear the second barrel open up..but other than that, its only weekend action for them...
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:07 am

Why can't a collector car be a daily driver? Who is to say that my car couldn't last 500,000 miles? The interior and exterior are still decent. But, I see the point.
89ARIES

Postby Baron » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 am

89ARIES wrote:Why can't a collector car be a daily driver? Who is to say that my car couldn't last 500,000 miles? The interior and exterior are still decent. But, I see the point.

THAT'S the POINT!!! It COULD! But ONLY if it's taken care of. I know! I have seen a few cars of mine that I loved sincerely but had to keep on using as a daily driver - usually without proper maintenance because I was too poor to do it - go to the junkyard because they finally reached the point where there was no going forward and it was to late to go back. And most of them had great looking interiors and exteriors - after all, wash and wax only costs you your labor - its the money stuff that kills you. But that was all they had left. The mechanics were too far gone to ever bring them back. Of course, if Ed McMahon had ever knocked on my door I could then have then done a complete off frame restoration and saved them. But when will that ever happen to any of us?
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:33 am

Well, I always changed the oil.
89ARIES

PreviousNext

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events