We are in trouble. Kali Carb smogging cars while driving.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

We are in trouble. Kali Carb smogging cars while driving.

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:33 pm

What do we do now. My car probably isn't passing smog and certain times of the day and now these asses are immediately going to label my car a gross polluter and then my car
will be targeted by the state:

http://www.smogtips.com/remote_sensing.cfm
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: We are in trouble. Kali Carb smogging cars while driving

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:41 pm

These f"'n as""les have already started. We are in BIG TROUBLE:

http://placerherald.com/detail/199878.html

Now, we can't drive anywhere without a random bad day with an old car making us "GROSS POLLUTERS" F"' carb!
89ARIES

Postby 88 aries » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm

That will never happen in my neck of the woods...I LOVE WISCONSIN!!!!! well the bigger cities do smog checks...but in the sticks eh no :)
88 aries

Postby Butch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:09 am

I'm not worried, my shit passes everytime :lol:
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby nszotovich » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Any car with close to 200K miles or more might have a little trouble with smog. It's time to rebuild the engine. That simple. Or find a lower mileage car. You make it seem like the thought police gunning for you. A modern engine has to be in pretty bad shape to not pass California Smog rules. Don't be so paranoid.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:34 am

I know I tend to be a way too negative sometimes. I just see the smog reps becoming a large government whose sole purpose seems to be to tax and fine the poor people's old cars off the road in the name of environmentalism. They make a LOT OF money. It was unethical and dishonest for them to reduce old car emissions to levels in 2010 that they were never designed to pass. K-cars may be able to barely make it now at 89 NOX, but a 1979 Ferrari with Weber carbs can't pass the strigent California smog tests. Also, do high mileage engines ALWAYS fail smog, even if compression is good? It is fundamentally dishonest to deny a person registration for their vehicle just because their engine is too expensive for them to pass smog. At least CARB acknowledges this to a very limited degree and allows some financial support for these folks, but overwrought with red tape. Our cars make up less than 1% of the polluters on the road now. CARB is in the business to destroy all old cars. No one should forget that. And, to have scanners shoot beams at your old car to make it a gross polluter based on one day of poor idling is fundamentally dishonest as now you are a victim of government overwatch of your personal property, which really does not belong to you. I'll go even a step further, I have never believed in DMV registration, but it is what it is.
89ARIES

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events