CKCC Sales Lobbyist. KEY TO SUCCESS. Worked it tonight.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

CKCC Sales Lobbyist. KEY TO SUCCESS. Worked it tonight.

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:59 am

You have to physically call sellers and be a salesman. That is the only way this club is going to grow. I have to lobby as many people as possible to make this club as great as it can be. I just spent three hours calling sellers, and mailing fliers to them. IT WORKS: If 20 people dedicated here actually lobbied their local craigslist listings within 60 miles, we would have a great shot at expansion and saving cars from the junkyard. Had 10 phone calls today from various sellers and someone wants to buy the dead 400
in Burbank. Here is the letter I mailed and here is the sales checklist each of you should use as a salesman:

Mental Note checklist so you don't sweat and stammer on the phone:

1.Did you know you have a rare classic K-car?
2.Did you know our club collects these cars?
3.Our club attempts to help sellers like you find good buyers
through word of mouth to help grow our club.We do this for free
at great expense.I will post a link to your sale on my site.
4.Will you help us? We just want to mail to you our flier
to place in the car for the buyer. If you yield us a new member,
I will personally send you a free gift. (i.e. a $10 gift card, be creative. Nothing that will break the bank. This is why I am enforcing membership dues)
5.Would you be interested in entering your car for sale into
our rare K-car show in Van Nuys on the 22nd? 1000 people there.

Then, when you send the email or mail that flier, offer them this with the attached fliers:

Dear (whoever),
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your car. As a non-profit car club our sole purpose is preservation of the Chrysler K-Car, and this includes helping sellers like you find good buyers. I will post a link to your sale on our site. Enclosed you will find both a club recruitment flier for the buyer and a flier for our upcoming car show. The buyer flier goes in the car. The car show might be an opportunity for you to advertise your car for sale as there will be a lot of Mopar owners there. With this economy, nothing is certain, but we do the best we can to assist all K-car owners. You can join our club for free as a seller-member. And of course, if you yield us a new member, a free gift will be yours.
Sincerely,

Guy V.Coulombe
CKCC President and founder
The Chrysler K-Car Club
6355 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Ste 400
Woodland Hills, Ca. 91367
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: CKCC Sales Lobbyist. KEY TO SUCCESS. Worked it tonight.

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:01 am

I saw some of the reluctant sellers on the phone open up and become amiable. They are used to scammers and low ballers. Yes, you will get rude people, but by and large I think
my strategy at least puts you on speaking terms. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events