Jay Leno and NBC walked among the cars. Got chewed.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Jay Leno and NBC walked among the cars. Got chewed.

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 am

Jay Leno for the first time actually walked around the K-cars and noticed them. I got in big trouble by being overzealous in trying to promote our club. Not really knowing they
were filming, I walked right up to Jay Leno casually and said hello. He gave a very brief reply. Then when I asked another camera guy who he was with, he said NBC. I mentioned the limo.
Then, this angry man with his hair on fire chewed me out verbally in front of everyone and said "What the f""ck are you doing. Don't ever interfere with the media again. You butted in twice". I am WARNING
you for the last time. I was wrong. I didn't mean to get in the way. But, the guy was a complete ass. I meekly apologized and told him I didn't mean to interfere, while I was fuming and wanted to act immature. I guess I got overzealous cause I have sent requests to media before and been ignored. I don't deal well witn rejection. I expect people to be courteous, but in general the media are just a bunch of asses.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Jay Leno and NBC walked among the cars. Got chewed.

Postby Pete in NH » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Well, the last time I heard "the Media" were not among any special or priveledged class, even though they think they are. I don't think I would have taken the words "don't ever interfere with the media again" very well. We have all kinds of media troop through New Hampshire every four years for our presidental primary. Many are decent people but a fair number fit your last sentence perfectly. It sounds like you ran into one of those types. But, it sounds like you handled it well.
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby 88 aries » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 pm

I work in this department...the camera man gave you hell because what you say does go on air you know, and there for you need a media release.....if you didn't sign a media release you can not be on camera
88 aries

Postby classicfan1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Jay has said before that K-Cars, especially convertibles and woodgrain models, will be valuable classic cars in the future. See here:

"But people today want'em. These models have personalities. They're not jellybean cars."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/jay-leno/4312877

So yes, Jay does an small appreciation for the K's.
classicfan1

Car Information: 1998 Dodge Stratus

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events