Where are our CKCC leaders? My applause to the few.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Where are our CKCC leaders? My applause to the few.

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:37 am

I want to personally thank Joe Baca who is working very hard making our Northern California K-Car Show a reality on the June 23rd. He is putting me up for three nights, and getting
his cars ready for the trip. Thats a lot of commitment folks, beyond the call of duty. He drove all the way from Frisco to Los Angeles, and made our Spring Fling 2012 that much brighter. He is
a great guy. We owe him a debt of gratitude.

I want to thank David LaFraniere who has come forward tonight to make our summer K-car lawn/barbacue car show party a reality for August, at his house! He and I will be talking tommorrow
about all the details. Folks, it really does take sometimes one to two months of planning to make these things happen.

I want to thank Chief for the moral support and helping me not to give up the club.

I want to thank Nicholas Zotovich for his support as he has offered to help us build a Palm Springs Roadtrip, which hopefully we can pull off in the Fall.

I want to thank the two other leaders back east who did do a one time North Carolina Meet (Marty) and a Conneticut Meet (Jeff Lepsak)

I want to thank Bill Baier, Butch, and other techs who have prevented me from getting killed in Alan as I seem to drive the car into the ground, but its my ride. 8-)

And all the other people who I am forgetting or can't think of right now.

And, its been 5 years since I started this puppy, and I can't remember right this moment all the kindnessess, support, and if it wasn't for these few good leaders, I probably would have thrown in
the towel. But, its because of these good leaders, and good that we do, that I will continue on as your faithful fearless leader.

And for those that have nothing to do, do something. Volunteer for a club position, do a club event. The club's survival depends on you. I will not be the leader forever. To date, we have
over 21 events now under our belt since 2007, no matter how small.

And remember, its about helping people, and no matter how small or washed out an event might seem, there is always something positive to remember. The camaraderie, the knowledge learned,
and the experience. And, your efforts are getting the word out there that these cars are worth saving.

K-Cars are now being labeled as antiques and classics in many sales ads.

Long live the CKCC!
:D :D :D :D :D
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events