WORLDWIDE RECORD K-CAR ROADTRIP. 8-25-12

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

WORLDWIDE RECORD K-CAR ROADTRIP. 8-25-12

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:22 am

https://plus.google.com/photos/11140853 ... 6516377985

WORLDWIDE RECORD K-CAR ROADTRIP TALLY!!!! 13 K-CARS!!! FUN, FUN, FUN.
MASSIVE VIDS AND PICTURES. WISH YOU ALL COULD HAD BEEN THERE. PARTICIPANTS:

Guy 1989 Dodge Aries LE Coupe Rosewood 201,000
George 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe Yellow 150,000
David 1984 Dodge 600 2.6 Convertible Red
Mr. and Mrs. Guest 1986 LeBaron TC Convertible White (New member)
Gary 1984 Chrysler LeBaron TC Convertible White
Paul 1985 Chrysler LeBaron TC Wagon Red
Mike 1985 Chrysler LeBaron Yellow Conv (New car)
Phillip 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Convertible Tan(New member)
Greg 1989 Dodge Aries 2.5 4dr Sedan Turqouise (New member)
Ed 1984 Chrysler LeBaron 2.2 Turbo Conv Black (New member)
Ralph 1989 Dodge Aries 2.5 4dr Sedan 48,000 Blue
June 1985 Chrysler LeBaron 2.2 Turbo Conv White
Mrs. Foster 1986 Chrysler LeBaron 2.2. Turbo 4dr Sedan White(SAVED
FROM ACCIDENT AND HEAD GASKET DEATH. HE REBUILT IT THIS
YEAR. MADE A GUEST APPEARANCE TO THANK US AND SHOW
HIS RESTORED CAR)
Bill Bauer 1991 Dodge Shadow Convertible
Randy, who stayed the morning, and connections with someone that
has an 86 Executive Limo.

I really appreciated those folks who came out, even if for just half a day. Two had to leave for other functions, but made the trip. We had 13 cars throughout the day.

We had a handful of regulars who couldn't make it that wanted to come. Hopefully, they can make the Fall Fling and plus up the numbers. Some had family emergencies, illnesses, etc. We must pray for them.

There was a lot of motivation, and we have been inspired. I have decided to do two more events to close out 2012. The Fall Fling (PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDERS, I know Saturday is a work day in Depression 2012). Early December 2012, Roadtrip from Los Angeles to Palm Springs. I think we can get 4-6 cars to meet our desert folk. We have two K-car collectors out in the desert, and want to do a WWII Museum tour. I think one of our Palm Spring's members is open for us to do another dinner party at his house like at Daves. This will be the first time in CKCC history that I think we can enough people to drive 130 miles.

Ed Garren and myself made 2 hours of video footage of a tour of
almost every car with mechanical advice, and discovered a fire hazard on one of the convertibles, a cracking fuel hose. We had a lot of newbies, and they are excited
about coming to Fall Fling. The roadtrip became a disorganized, fun, speeding
cat and mouse ragtag of cars flying down Laurel Canyon, with some people still at the donut shop. Took over the donut shop with colorful, woody boxes.

TONS OF VIDEOS, include Eastern Leaders summit meet to develop, and so much footage. The national club is still alive, members are still joining, though a slower rate, and the online sites are almost dead right now, but the Los Angeles K-Car Club is growing by leaps and bounds, and I think 20-25 cars might be a real possibility for April 2013.

PEOPLE did notice the 10 speeding K-Cars, and it was nothing short of a happy 80s miracle.

Get motivated, be a leader, we need you. Its about having fun.

THANKYOU David for making this one of the best memorable events in our 5 year history. I am already gearing up Monday to start immediate advertising for Fall Fling 2012.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events