The Chrysler K-Car Club Meeting was awesome!

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

The Chrysler K-Car Club Meeting was awesome!

Postby 89ARIES » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:57 am

Folks,

The CKCC Meeting tonight was a lot of fun. We are a real eclectic group, and we always have fun discussing cars, religion, politics. Things can get real lively.

For those that weren't there, we know your busy and have other things going on. We miss you, and are always happy to see you. We hope to see you soon.

We have great plans for the future, for one, not to do the same thing every time. Jean, you are right, we don't HAVE to go the same place everytime. I have decided to scrap the Norm's idea. For one, it gets awfully crowded and they give us trouble splitting our checks. The food is real good, but I think we should be open to the idea of meeting at a different location every month. The next meeting is Sunday, August 11th. I think I would like to host our next dinner at the historic 94th Aero Squadron Club in Van Nuys, then perhaps the San Pedro Fish Market in September or October. Unless I hear any neas, I will go forward with that idea.

Now, to recap. Tonight, we had my British lady friend, Ed, and myself. Ed brought his 1995 Ford Bronco, as his convertible nearly lost the flex plate between the engine and the transmission. We then drove over, Ed and I, to look at a 2001 Mercedes Convertible the lady from England is considering purchasing. The car was God like in power.

August 24th, mark your calenders. This will be one of our most exciting trips to date. A boat out into the ocean, coastal drive, and cars & barbacue at Dan's house. And, in 2013, at 30 plus years, K-cars will take over the bridge across terminal island.

Now, for all you owners with the Mitsubishi 2.6 engine reading this email. This may seem extreme, but perhaps 80% of you don't know much about that motor or how to keep it from detonating. This may seem off the wall, but I just spoke to our very helpful club member, Joe Henning, who has 500,000 original miles on his Mitsubishi 2.6 1985 Chrysler TC Wagon, found us a great 2.6 mechanic, and was telling me on the phone all the common mistakes we make with this motor. This motor basically is a use it or lose it engine. It CAN NOT sit, period. He swears by his 30 year experience that these motors were designed for race cars, but had some major weak spots when put into a K-car. Marc Datona and Frank, I am thinking of you two and your unfortunate 2.6 incidents where your engines blew up. I want to help you save your cars at the best price and most reliable info. Did you know that faulty or loose fitting oil filters are the reasons your engines blow up? Did you know that loose radiator cap cause overheating? Did you know that sitting causes your carbs to clog up? For Sept or Oct, I am going to ask Joe Henning if we can have our monthly meeting at his house and I want to see all of you Mistubishi 2.6 K-car people there for Joe's one on one 2.6 seminar. We will give you some very cheap hints that will save you $1000s and probably send out for pizza. You may have noticed your not seeing cars like yours on the road now. That is because you have the last one. We will help you keep that engine going.

And to the nice young lady I met way back in February, you told me you put $1000 into your 86 LeBaron Convertible, and it still runs bad. I am still awaiting a response to see if I can help. I don't want to see you ripped off or struggle with car problems.

Long live the CKCC!
Guy
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events