HELP! Attention 2.6 Owners. HELP!

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

HELP! Attention 2.6 Owners. HELP!

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:25 am

Can someone help Ray please? It appears the Mistubishi 2.6 Fuel Sending Unit is not only obsolete, but impossible to get now for your 2.6 K-Car. So, you all with the 2.6 K-Car may be SOL. Ed, whats the scoop? Is there a compatible one we can use? Will a Chrysler 2.2 Fuel Sending Unit work? I really need to download those part manuals for y'all.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6321

The Chrysler K-Car Club • View topic - NEEDED: Fuel Sending Unit, 1983 2.6 LeBaron
forum.chryslerkcar.com
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: HELP! Attention 2.6 Owners. HELP!

Postby carguyray » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 am

I just wanted to add a bit of info here.

First, the 2.2 will not work at all. :( They still make those and they're easy to get for the turbo's at least (all but my 82/3's are turbo's)
Second, there are 2 diff. sending units. a 2 and 3 wire setup. (3 wire for the ones with the low fuel light).
Third, I THINK (can't confirm yet) that there's a company that MAY be making an after market, but sadly it's not listed for the LeBaron's exactly. It looks almost exactly the same and there's even a set up with the same plug in for the 3 wire that I needed, but I lucked out and got the last 2 NOS ones I found. (not a hoarder, but since I have 3 of these cars and will buy an 82 2dr. and Town/Country when I can find them) I figured I'd better grab them.
Finally, there is a place back east that will rebuild them, but since I found these I didn't go that route.

My son's car has been in the shop since mid MAY and the summer's almost over. Our dad/boy project won't be as fun in the winter, but at least he should have his car back in a week or 2. (he loved my 82 so much and wanted it... I said no and found him an 83) :)

If anyone needs some help/info on these please feel free to PM me... I've had WAY too much learning on these in the last 2 weeks.
carguyray

Re: HELP! Attention 2.6 Owners. HELP!

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Did you say you are looking for the 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Woody Wagon and 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe? Good luck, they are extinct now, well almost. We have these two cars
in the Los Angeles chapter and they are the rarest in the club. I have only seen a 2nd 82 2dr on the road, 70 miles from me, and haven't seen any for sale online since last year. The availability of the wagon, too
is gone. But Ray, as much as I prefer to keep these cars in the LA Chapter, when push comes to shove, I will make sure you know about these cars for sale if push comes to shove I can't save these
cars in California if my two California members decide to get rid off them. One may be financially challenged and the other is elderly and these are truly the jewels of the LA Chapter. 8-) I'd rather have you set up the K-car museum in Oregon if I can't get anyone in the Golden State of Taxes to buy them.

Please, please, when you get a chance, go back and find the links to the fuel resources or else we won't be able to keep those two cars on the road. Both 82 LeBarons I just mentioned that are alive and well in Los Angeles have the original 2.6 engine. The wagon has 18,000 miles and the coupe 148,000 miles. 8-)
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events