Hal Sperlich knows ABOUT US!!

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Hal Sperlich knows ABOUT US!!

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Hal Sperlich is very much alive, and is pushing 80 now. He is said to be the 2nd man behind the K-car and did not get as much credit as he should have. Lee Iacocca is rumored to have sort have taken the limelight, so to speak. Bob Marcks, an active member in our club, is in Phoenix and the inventor of the convertible and limo. I plan to interview him in person in November if all goes well. Hal Sperlich actually replied to my email a year ago and sent me a nice note. I wish to share this video of him in 1985 and the email he sent me. I have tried for years to get the K-car pioneers to attend one of our events, but impossible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82vPLeI2fs

February 19th, 2012

Dear Guy

I am pleased to see you carrying on the reality and the memory of the K cars. They were bold automotive statements in that day and the key to turning the Chrysler Corporation around at that time.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the event but my thanks for the invitation.

All the best

Hal Sperlich
Hal Sperlich Intros Chryslers 1985
www.youtube.com
The Chrysler K Cars, the Reliant and Aries got a styling makeover in 1985 and the Laser Daytona got some 'under the hood improvements." The New Yorker and th...
Like · · Unfollow
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Hal Sperlich knows ABOUT US!!

Postby capev86 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 am

I'm sure he'd appreciate being kept in the loop!
capev86
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Aries Wagon LE 2.5

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events