End of the year address.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

End of the year address.

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:16 am

Folks,

We had a great time. In attendence was Isabello with his 1985 LeBaron Convertible, my British lady friend,
myself with my 1989 Dodge Aries Coupe, JK Drummond with his 1988 Dodge Aries 4dr Sedan,
Frank with his 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Woody Convertible, and Butch with his 1986 Chrysler Laser.

The museum was extreme high quality, with the rarest most expensive cars in the world, and yet the docents were so friendly. It was all donation based, and it was only $5 dollars.

I rode in a 1908 Model T, 1947 Pontiac, 1951 Lincoln Zephyr Convertible, and Isabello's 1984 LeBaron Convertible. I hope one day to have a museum for our beloved 1980s K-Cars. They are already extremely rare and will be on par with this stuff very shortly.

Afterwards, we carpooled over to the overpriced Italian Restaurant, where we had wine, beer, pasta, chocolate cake, and bread. We parked our K-cars together.

I am sorry I made this event too close to the 25th. Would you folks like to integrate this museum for the February 2013 roadtrip?

We are all very different, and I hope none of our verbal sparring matches have scared anyone away. I always try to foster an environment of sharing and communication. We are human and it is by nature of these sparring moments that we interact. We are a very eclectic group, I would say the most eclectic group in the world. I have a passion for our cars, as you all well know. I love to see our cars in a convoy going down the road, the bigger the better. I am a Roman Catholic, and straight, and against gay marriage. So are many others. We need to remember to respect each other in conversation, as we all get heated and passionate about our beliefs. I would be remiss if I did not point this out. I have seen what happens in a group setting. This club is open to all people, but it will not be used as a religious or political football. We can bring these subjects up, but lets use our judgment folks.

Let us all keep Ed Garren in our prayers, as he is visiting his brother who may have cancer. He is traveling alone in his LeBaron across America to the Great Smokys of North Carolina. We all should do this once in a while, go on a journey and find our roots.

My suggestion is just try to relax, and not take ourselves too seriously. We need to apologize when we get heated, and just try to conduct ourselves as mature adults. When I feel someone is wrong, I am going to point it out, but I will try to do it in a Christian matter that neither embarrasses them or embarrasses us. Many of us have strong feelings about what is going on today, on both a moral and financial level, so let us try to bear with one another's faults.

Lets pool together and make this year 2014 the best yet in the history of our organization. Wish more of you were going to Mexico.

God bless you all and Merry Christmas,
Fearless CKCC Leader,
Guy V.Coulombe
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: End of the year address.

Postby aussiewoody » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:11 am

As an Overseas Online Member i would like to wish all members a Merry Christmas and happy festive season

From Gary in Australia
aussiewoody

Car Information: '84 LeBaron T&C 'vert, '85 Dodge 600 'vert

Re: End of the year address.

Postby 80sgal » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Thank you very much for sharing this information.
Happy Holidays!
80sgal

Car Information: 1985 Chrysler Lebaron Turbo Mark Cross Convertible

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events