The Chrysler K-Car Club: Sunday show report.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

The Chrysler K-Car Club: Sunday show report.

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Dear member, visitor, or craigslist seller.

Today was just as spectacular. We had In-n-Out burger gift cards, the sage advice of Ed Garren, and great camaraderie. I was disappointed that a lot of our regulars weren't able to make it, and we have lost touch with some of our members for good it seems, but life goes on.

The biggest thing is I want to personally thank the generosity of four of our members today who donated cash to the club to help with the expenses. They didn't have to do this, but I really appreciate it. One even gave $100 bucks. They are George Nerrie, Steve Soukap, Ralph Simper, and our brand new member Craig from Fallbrook, California. He is restoring his 86 New Yorker.

Justin Binion, my hats off to you for getting up at 2AM and driving all the way from Sacramento
to meet us. I look forward to seeing you again, and of course the 86 New Yorker. You got long distance award.

There was also a club member of the year award, which was given to Ed Garren. He received a Red Lobster gift card and a sun visor for his car.

The sponsors at CPW, for whatever reason, we were left to wait until they very last minute for our awards from them, and they were significantly downsized from previous years, I am happy to report George Nerrie got 4th place for FWD Stock and Steve Soukap got third.

Our awards our better and more fun.

A potential new member approached us about an 81 Aries he wants to restore.

The park got more restrictive and refused to let K-cars back in after 1PM, we managed to circumvent that to an extent, and security was beefed up a bit. A lot of paradoxes at this show, but it was all good, and we are always there. Diane is a very nice lady and she thanked us again for coming. CPW (Chrysler Performance) works hard to put on the biggest MOPAR gathering on the west coast, and I hope not to many of you were scared away by the admission price. You have to consider how hard they work and their expenses.

Total tally of K-cars for the weekend (including the two that we were not allowed to see) was a total of 15. One was a gray 1984 Dodge 600 Convertible with 240,000 miles, which would have been qualified for high mileage award. The other was a red 1986 Chrysler LeBaron TC Wagon who I have been hounding for years whose owner yesterday admitted to me to throwing all my fliers in the trash can the last three years. I was persistent as he has a huge collection on his driveway, and I thought certainly he might enjoy being in the club. I gave him a gift card.

Attendees:
Myself with 1989 Dodge Aries Coupe
Ed Garren with 1991 Chrysler LeBaron 4dr Sedan
Craig of Fallbrook with 86 New Yorker project (Donated today)
George Nerrie with 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe (Donated today)
Steve Soukap with 1984 Chrysler LeBaron TC Convertible (Donated today)
Ralph Simper with 1987 Plymouth Reliant Wagon (Donated today)
Jeff Weller with 1985 Chrysler LeBaron TC Wagon
Jeffrey Baluyot of Oxnard. His 85 Reliant Wagon is at home in need of work.
Justin Binion with 86 New Yorker in Sacramento
Lola Thompson with 1986 Chrysler LeBaron TC Convertible
David LaFraniere with 1984 Dodge 600 Convertible
John Martello with 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
Craig of Studio City with 1986 Chrysler LeBaron MC Woody Wagon (Craigslist seller)
JK Drummond with 1988 Plymouth Reliant Sedan
Johnny Spiva of Oregon both days with clone kit car.

For you sellers, it is hard to sell your car, and save them, but they deserved to be saved. This show was a great opportunity for you to put your car up. We hope you consider doing likewise at the Fall Fling. You are always free to join the club, come on a road rally, and listen to us talk your ear off about why you should keep the car.

Thankyou all for a job well done.
Your fearless leader,
Guy V.Coulombe
The Chrysler K-Car Club
818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events