Another new So. Cal member and possibly another very soon!

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Another new So. Cal member and possibly another very soon!

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:15 am

Great news guys, another So.Cal member just joined the club today. Lets give a big welcome to Mr. Edward Loftin of Simi Valley. He owns an 86 LeBaron TC Turbo Wagon. Unfortunately, it needs a little help. He is into car shows. I hope we can help him fix his wagon for Spring Fling 2009. Basically, it started running rough and missing a little. It is a 2.2 Turbo I think. Also, it looks like Special K , our only member in Utah, might be migrating here to So.Cal if his new job works out. He drives an 83 Reliant Sedan. The job is in Riverside, California. SpecialK is a young guy in his 20s. He is planning to make the 800 mile drive in his antique. He plans to keep us posted with pics. I hope he makes it. It is the 2.2 Carbed engine. Lets put together a checklist and see how we can try to ensure he gets here without breaking down. See, there are people out there. We just need to reach them. I know that for those of you in Orange County, the desert, and Burbank, LeBaron convertibles are popular. Do not hesitate to try to lure them into K-car world.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Another new So. Cal member and possibly another very soon!

Postby Special K » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:42 am

YEA!!!!!! I'm moving down to Riverside area for a 3-4 month period. I WILL be bringing my Aries. It's not perfect, yet i would love to hang out with you guys. Should be fun!!
Special K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:50 am

now the 83 aries shall live a in a dry climate and never rust
88 aries

Postby Special K » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:19 am

I just did the brakes today. They were, believe it or not, original brakes. AND all rusted. Utah car all it's life.
Special K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Dodge Aries

Postby ReliantLV » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:25 am

[quote="Special K"]I just did the brakes today. They were, believe it or not, original brakes. AND all rusted. Utah car all it's life.[/quote]

Maybe my Reliant lived in Utah too before coming to Europe.... LOL (the brakes were AWFUL, rusted is not even the right word to describe it... practically falling through your fingers like dirt....)

That should be an awesome trip!!
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby ReliantLV » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:26 am

[quote="89ARIES"]Lets give a big welcome to Mr. Edward Loftin of Simi Valley. He owns an 86 LeBaron TC Turbo Wagon. [/quote]

WELCOME!!!! :) :) Photos would be great! :)
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby guyd_15 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:19 am

Definitley check your fuel lines and replace the fuel filter if not done recently (I change my fuel filter annually).

Check the connections to the HEP (Hall Effect Pickup) where they join the engine harness

Check the condition of the shutter wheel inside the distributor (Often times the metal and plastic pieces seperate)

Buy a genuine MOPAR HEP to keep in the glove box along with a phillips screw driver (I know they cost more, I've had aftermarket units fail almost immediately!)

Check the sparkplugs and ignition wires

Gas it up and go!!!!
guyd_15

Car Information: 1986 GLHT, 1987 Sundance RS, 1988 CSX-T & more

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events