A big thanks to the SDAC (Shelby Dodge Auto Club).

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

A big thanks to the SDAC (Shelby Dodge Auto Club).

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:40 am

The SDAC virtually fixed my car last night at their club meeting in LaHabra. My thanks to all the members who looked at my car and to Butch and the club president. Butch found out was wrong with my car. The club president discovered I have a fuel line ready to go and cause an engine fire near my exhaust manifold. Here is the scoop, it appears an ongoing chronic oil leak from the valve cover saturated the ground wires causing a big electrical short throughout the engine. I had close to ten computer codes. I let this situation materialize close to two years as I basically did nothing as I was ripped off over $1000 dollars in previous years. Butch took out his scanner and everybody was flabbergasted at the amount of codes. Then, he took one yellow wire and bypassed the short circuited ground. He cleared my computer. The engine ran flawlessly immediately and was smooth with no more erratic idle. The computer light did not come back on the night I drove home. I had a noticeable increase in power on the freeway.

The car is down until Monday as I am going to replace that fuel line immediately. The club president discovered the brittle line ready to go. I never had replaced it once in the 6 years and 80,000 miles I have owned the car. My next step is to replace the fuel filter as well and run that cleaner to get rid of the carbon. This might get my gas mileage up to 30mpg! :) Butch is a great guy. Also, we are going to form a partnership (not a legal form 1065) with this club and do everything we can to support them as they support us. They have some dynamite technicians. Some of their members have K-cars. They have been around for 15 years and have over 1000 members. At the meet last night, we had Rampages, Omnis, Scamps, and some of the rarest 80s Shelbified cars you can imagine. Also, I am going to try to make their monthly meeting every month and try to persuade our local members to hang out with these guys.

I am also going to replace my valve cover next month with some help. I didn't get home until 1AM this morning. It was well worth the 120 mile round trip. Networking and supporting other clubs is what its all about. I have a soft spot for L bodies. Oh yeah, much to our surprise, Chief was getting ready to leave the meet at about 11AM with his 89 Reliant. He has to work at 6 in the morning but stuck around as we really had a great time. He tried to start his car 20 times and finally it started. Some starter issue. That added some humor to a meeting of gearheads. Get involved with the SDAC. I now have to work the technicial issues to get us connected by the net.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: A big thanks to the SDAC (Shelby Dodge Auto Club).

Postby Butch » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:20 am

Guy I,m glad you showed up as I spent most of Wed night doing my homework on your car. You'll need to wash all that oil off the eng. and the spd sensor on the trans. The sensor is located on the housing where the pass side axle goes into the trans. I got a kick out of that fact that dude with the nice Lebaron ( what was his name ) is from Detroit. That made 3 of us from detroit at the meeting. Looking forward to meeting more of the K Car club members. Butch
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Butch » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:20 am

Just a reminder guys, tommorow (Thursday )is the April SDAC meeting. Hope to see you there.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby turbokcar » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Butch, I texted guy last night, we didn't hear from Chief, but I will try to be there. I think Guy will too. What time do you Guys show up there? Last time we were there way early.
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events