Well, we gain some, we lost some local members.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Well, we gain some, we lost some local members.

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:50 am

Well, we gained two members with K-cars in the LA area in the last six months, now were losing two with K-cars. It so infuriates me when one of our members says absolutely nothing to our club
about selling and then goes ahead and sells anyway. I found the one who will remain nameless selling his car online without a word to me or anyone. :x Fortunately, this guy never came to our shows, so we aren't losing a whole bunch of participation. Maybe he forgot or maybe he was going too later or maybe he just didn't care. Another is selling in Orange County. Any of you are welcome to buy Rick's convertible. Rick is a good guy and has invested a lot of time and money in that car. The fact is, we are losing a few people. So are other clubs with this blasted economy, but we are too small to afford to lose anymore people in the LA area. My concern is that it is because of the economy. I don't know if a depressed economy means people hold on to their cars longer. Maybe it is just the opposite, but I am getting a little concerned. I notice a lot more old cars are being sold online. If we are going to keep this club alive, we have to get organized and lobby every sale online with a simple advertisement begging the seller to at least tell the buyer about our club since I am posting a link to their sale for free. If we are going to survive as a club, we need to have every repair manual, brochure, and technical expertise available online to persuade people to keep their cars. Many cars being sold are because of stupid mechanics. Once in a while, a seller keeps his word and has posted info on our club. I need sales volunteers. I need someone to lobby the Plymouths, I'll lobby the Chryslers, and someone else can lobby the Dodges. You volunteers will receive the standard advertisement. I should really be studying right now, so I'll get back to all of you Tuesday. Goodbye LA member. We'll find someone to replace you.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Well, we gain some, we lost some local members.

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:56 am

My apologies to the unnamed person in LA. Shame on me. Turns out he was just posting the sale for fun to see how high the bid would go. He just emailed me and said he had no real intention of selling. As
you guys gather, sometimes I am a bit hard on people. I admit that. I tend to go from one extreme to the other. He also says he is planning to come to our K-car show :D
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Butch » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:59 am

Well shame on you Guy, we all lose things in life. It's a car, not a loved one. Besides he could still be a club member. I'm on this forum and I don't have a K car, I'm in the SDAC and I don't have a Shelby. People make up a club even if they have nothing, as long as they share an interest in the club's subject. If you need to be hard on someone I'll send you my wife. HAHA
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Chief » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:45 pm

I'm with Butch, there are things that we lose in life, and then there are things that simply change in life. I have sold cars that I absolutely regretted later, and others that are just fond memories now.

But I seriously admire Guy's passion for these small pieces of Chrysler's history and what they personally mean to him. It was once said that...'In times of drastic change, it is the learners that inherit the future!' Guy has certainly tried to learn everything he possibly can about the Chrysler K-Car and it's many variations. That's why I will continue to participate when and where possible, and NOT SELL MY CAR!!! ;-)

Peace,

Chief
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby turbokcar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:06 pm

I'm not gone yet, I received 1 call on my car, and the guy asked if he could put 20" wheels on it and if the a/c and the power top both worked. I told him NO,yes,yes, and to do some research on the cars. Chief, I think your wife would like a convertible.
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events