Tagging a K-car can make you suspicious.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Tagging a K-car can make you suspicious.

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:11 am

Well, I tried and failed to gain a member of a K-car that popped up near the office. Here is the funny and amusing story. Last week, out of nowhere, a very nice and very rare 1986 Chrysler LeBaron Coupe with creme color yellow body and vinyl roof popped up parked near my office. On the way home, I parked and stuffed three club fliers all over the car.

Two days ago, on the way from school to work, I see the car parked on the side of the road again and stopped to stuff with a rephrased desperate attempt fliers. It was lunchtime. I stooped down and had trouble trying to stuff a flier on the drivers door between the mirror and the glass. Suddenly, this young girl about my age runs down the stairs of her apartment and yells "Stop, get away from my car!". Well, she stopped in her tracks cold and readily apologized when she saw my flier. She said her car had been broken into and that this K-car was her boyfriends. I felt bad and we introduced ourselves. She was carrying a whole bunch of stuff down the stairs and lamps from a chandalier. Then, the unthinkable, as she stepped of the curb to try to open her trunk, all the lamps fell out of the holders and broke into pieces on the street! :( I apologized twice and stopped to pick up the mess. She said, "Thats okay, by the way, I think my boyfriend might be joining your club." He was 30 and had just purchased this K-car. It was in very good shape. All original, not perfect, but not damaged in any way. Of course, he has not joined in the last few days. I am debating whether or not I want to make the 3rd and final try and put a flier on that car telling about our meet on the 26th in a last ditched effort to gain some interest. One thing I learned folks, when you stoop down to stuff a flier on a door, be very careful because you look like you are trying to break into a car.

I would not tag a K-car late at night or in some dark alley.

As you can see, I am a little desperate for more members. Two weeks ago, a 1984 Dodge 600 Convertible gorgeous appeared near the office. I put three fliers on it, and no response.

Keep on trying. Its fun finding these cars anyway. I am surprised this coupe even existed.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Tagging a K-car can make you suspicious.

Postby Eclassic » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:40 pm

can you put a copy of the flyer on the site so i can print some off?
Eclassic

Car Information: 1984 E class

Postby Purplegrasshopper » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:50 pm

In some juristictions, it's against the law to put fliers on cars...be aware.
Purplegrasshopper
Car Fan

Car Information: None

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:51 am

It is? I just place one sheet behind a windshield wiper. I don't mess with the car. In fact, where I live, fliers are put on cars all the time. Maybe if I made it smaller. Fliers is the only way to let K-car owners know about the club, and that is becoming increasingly challenging.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby Eclassic » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:15 am

thanks for the flyer there are car shows just about every weekend around here ill post flyers at all of them will also give them to the local part shops and salvage yards as they will know all the local kcar owners around here hope it helps have a great day .
Eclassic

Car Information: 1984 E class

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events