MOPAR SCORE. May have just obtained a member near my home.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

MOPAR SCORE. May have just obtained a member near my home.

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Great news guys! It pays to be in the right place at the right time. Hit a score of almost extinct cars and actually said hello to three of the owners. It was Saturday and I was not
in a particular hurry. Had to get my car washed for tommorrow. Discovered a small wavy dent a few inches long on the passenger door I didn't notice before. Somebody obviously bumped into the blacktrim on my door hard enough to compress it. Fortunately, down low and not visible unless you look for a reflection. I'll guess I'll just forget about this one as well. Uur.

The GREAT NEWS that made my day.

First, went to Ralphs Supermarket to buy batteries for my camera. Behold, the 1978 Chrysler LeBaron Sedan battletank is back. Driven by the 90 year
old woman I told you guys about who keeps bumping into things. I happened to have my camera and decided then and there I would take pictures of it. Out of the
corner of my eye, a gold 1985 Plymouth Reliant 4dr Sedan 2.6 Mitsubishi K-car! Paint was shiny, but it had been rearended with some damage. Original
Cali car. So, I put a flier on it. Just as I was fiddling with my camera (didn't get any pics), a group of men and the old lady come out. They all stop in amazement
and I tell them their car is a classic. They all get excited and start talking about selling. The old lady says "I don't think so or I don't want to think about it." I asked them
how many miles. They said I think 130,000. I asked what has been done to the car. The lady said, "Oh, I don't know, replaced the engine once or twice, everything I can't remember."
They asked how much the car would go for. I said $3000-4000 in very good condition or they'd be lucky if they could get $1000 for it. I told them it was just an estimate.
I didn't tell them the car looked like it was on its last legs and needed MAJOR restoration. So, I was anxious to leave and the car left. However, I heard the men arguing over
whether to sell or it not, the lady saying no, and the men saying "Its a classic!"

Second, I ran into another classic in the parking lot. A 21 year old driving a brown vinyl covered 1985 Dodge Diplomat with 200,000 original miles.

Thirdly, at the carwash, the lady Lydia with the Reliant I had just taggged moments before called me on my cell and she wants to join us and come to our big
show tommorrow! If she shows, I can happily say my fliers do work 1/30th of the time. Hoorah.

Fourthly, I met an owner of a 1975 Buick Century 4dr Sedan at the gas station. The exact kind that was used on the Rockford Files in the LAPD in 1976.
By pure luck, I have seen three 70s Century Sedans this year and his was the third. The car ran like a dream, even though the dash was suncracked and needed
restoration

Lastly, a pristine Aries sedan like yours Justin passed by me in the opposite direction and I thought about doing a U-turn and chasing it. Decided not to.

What a great day. It seems on Saturday afternoon, cars I didn't know about actually exist here in crazy car crushing California.

I can't wait to tommorrow. I know you guys will be with me at the show in spirit.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: MOPAR SCORE. May have just obtained a member near my home.

Postby 88 aries » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:32 am

Nice score Guy, ive only seen one 1985 2.6 liter Reliant and that was a wagon on ebay about 2 years ago.

My find for this week was nothing, i havent seen another K-car around my Area for a while prolly because i own them LOL. Well i do know where two K-cars are a couple of elderly people have them in their garage. Other than that im the only one who owns the 3 that everyone sees now and then.

im getting ready for my K-cars first show of the season, automotion a big show in wisconsin dells im going up against some competition. Road runners barracudas. and some muscle cars. i did however see a 1984 dodge charger there 2 years ago.

Wish me luck guys, Im going to jefferson tomrrow to look for parts for my 85.
88 aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events