Invitation from John Laing of SDAC his house for gocarts/Bbq

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Invitation from John Laing of SDAC his house for gocarts/Bbq

Postby 89ARIES » Wed May 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Fellow K-car people, John Laing of the Southern California Dodge Shelby Auto Club has invited our club to his
house in Sylmar for a car show/barbacue and reservations are being made for us to use the Sylmar Go-Cart racetrack.
It will be on May 23rd. I will be there. I know most of us are spread far and wide, but lets try to be there if we can. John is supplying the beef and the beer. Anyone that attends should bring chips, salad, or soda. You should also consider bringing a donation, even though John isn't asking for any. Its the thought that counts. Wifes and girlfriends are welcome. Here is the email he sent me with all the details you guys need to know. Call me at (818) 219-2587 if you have problems downloading the info:

Guy -

The MB2 indoor Kart track is reserved @1:00 pm Saturday May 23.
Karting is $45 which gets you a 9 lap practice, a 14 lap qualifier, and a 16 lap grid start main. Fastest qualifiers start in front of grid.

I reserved for 10 drivers. Closed toe shoes and full face shielded helmets required. Bring your own or wear one of theirs. It will take about 1.5 hours. We can add more than the 10 drivers, if I get RSVPs for more. I'm betting that there will be way more than 10, so let me know ASAP - make sure you get a spot.

Afterward, Burgers & Beer. Car Show too, so spiff em up.:clap: Parking on the lawn. If you wanna pass on the karts, just arrive at 3:00

Bring whatever you please to help fill the table & bar, I'm providing the beef and beer. Folks on bikes bring nothing. Bike guys who want to bring their cars - go for it. Non TMs are welcome.

Girlfriends and wives are especially welcome. Please bring the ladies.

Dogs too. (no I do not mean that! . . . .:lol

8 attachments — Download all attachments
Sylmar.pdf
160K View Download
Greater L.A..pdf
162K View Download
Johns House - Lakeside St.pdf
127K View Download
MB2 Go Karts and John's House.pdf
130K View Download
MB2 Go Karts in Sylmar.pdf
114K View Download
MB2 Go Karts.pdf
110K View Download
So Cal.pdf
121K View Download
johnl.vcf
1K Download
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Invitation from John Laing of SDAC his house for gocarts/Bbq

Postby Butch » Thu May 07, 2009 2:11 am

Yea Buddy, this is gonna be a good time. I can't make up my mind if I should drive the car there or ride the Harley.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby Butch » Mon May 11, 2009 3:36 am

WOW 30 people signed up for the Go Kart reservation. Up to 41 go karts racers signed up. Can't wait till next weekend.
Butch
Car Fan

Postby Butch » Fri May 22, 2009 7:16 pm

I hope to see many of the SoCal K car club members TOMMOROW. Lets PAR TAY.
Butch
Car Fan

Postby 89ARIES » Sat May 23, 2009 12:01 am

Unfortunately, it looks like only 1-2 of us from the club with K-cars will be there. People are doing the familiar "not returning my calls" routine. Memorial Day Weekend is the primary reason. As Alan of the SDAC said, its the nature of the beast, its so hard to get people to commit to events and we were so lucky to get 10 out of 12 members to the Spring Fling. I am not too upset about this, but miffed at one ( who is not on this board) who has completely ignored all my communication like somehow I am an annoyance. One thing is for sure, whenever I do an important event, I will try to make it at least a month or more in advance and charge very tiny dues ($1-5 dollars) to cover my expenses in a standard flier that a member has to use to confirm they will in fact be there. I am not doing this cold-calling up until the last minute which is exhausting and people start getting annoyed. I will be doing this for our first annual roadtrip later this Summer (Pacific Coast Highway trip to Ventura/barbaque on the beach/tour of the Mission) and the Fall Fling. With Fall Fling, the preregistration flier will act as my "assurance" that more than half the people who are committed via the flier don't pull a no-show. I want people who are committed.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events