Update on U.S. Cash for clunkers bill. Not good.

Regarding the Club and other Announcements from the Webmaster

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Update on U.S. Cash for clunkers bill. Not good.

Postby 89ARIES » Wed May 20, 2009 1:07 am

Not good. The Cash for clunkers bill has made its way into the House of Representatives. Its going to be a sad day for those scant few of those who see
the folly with this measure. It will be a miracle if there are any old cars left at all in 10 years. The limits are for old cars under 18mpg. Those under 18mpg will be
the chief targets of this bill. The K-cars at the moment, will not be eligible for this program. However, that could change overnight. The government wants to
destroy the old car and it will make old cars unaffordable and unavailable for most people as people, tempted by that green dollar bill, will use your taxpayer dollars
as the government will pay each person $3500-$4500 towards a new car if they junk any car, even a 1926 Ford, that gets less than 18mpg. The 80s cars I fear will disappear are
these:

All the 80s Caprices
All the 80s Big cars that the little old ladies love.

Too bad. I will definitely be tempted to laugh sarcastically when a scant few of us have the last K-cars. Ha, you bought into this.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Update on U.S. Cash for clunkers bill. Not good.

Postby Butch » Wed May 20, 2009 5:01 am

I just read GM to be sold to the goverment in a bankrupcy sale so now they'll definitly want people to buy new GM cars. To be honest thu, how many K cars get less than 18 MPG ? If it did it should be fixed because something is drastically wrong with it. Can you say dead cyl, bad carb/ injectors etc. Like I said B4 not everyone can afford a new car even with a $4500 discount.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Return to General Announcements/Upcoming Events