Just joined but somtings wrong

Questions and comments from non-members

Moderator: 89ARIES

Just joined but somtings wrong

Postby Dan » Mon May 11, 2009 9:12 pm

just joined this site but I think I filled out somthing wrong because they want my parents premission before I can log in, I'm 22 years old so why would I need my parent's permission?

By the way I'm a proud owner of a 1986 Dodge 600 convertable silver w/dark red leather red pin stripes and black convertable top,a 153 CID (2.5L) and an automatic tranny 8)
Dan

Re: Just joined but somtings wrong

Postby Purplegrasshopper » Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 pm

Welcome to the site! Is that a 600ES or a 600? Can't wait to see some pictures of it!
Purplegrasshopper
Car Fan

Car Information: None

Postby Dan » Mon May 11, 2009 9:23 pm

a regular 600 convertable in very good shape but all long story short needs a new engine.
Dan

Postby 88 aries » Tue May 12, 2009 2:44 pm

i have 3 K-cars a 88 aries, 86 Reliant and a 85 aries, the 85 aries is my new project car with only 56,000 miles but heres the catch they ran the engine low on oil so i need another carburated engine.
88 aries

Postby love-a-Lebaron » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:28 pm

Welcome,I have an 86 Lebaron, convertible, they are the last years they made both of our cars. I have the 2.5 as well. They need alot of TLC but are not expesive to fix. Most of the time a good Mechinic can take the motor down & redo these littal engins with out having a new motor put in them. The trick is finding a good Mechanic that can do it. Plus it is cheaper than a new motor. I found a 86 reliant wagon I wanted to buy that need a new motor. They wanted 3K to put a new one in. I talked to my mechanic & he said he could get it running for about 1K. By the time I got back to the guy he had sent the poor old car to the junk yard. Hang on to her even if she is not running, keep her covered & dry. One day they will be worth something even if it is just becaues it is a convertable.
love-a-Lebaron

Car Information: 1986 Lebaron Con.

Postby MoparDan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:18 pm

The 600 will be running hopfully within the next month. I bought an '89 Acclaim with the same engine and have driving that until I can afford to have my freind put the Acclaim's engine in. I got the money now I just have wait for him to have alittle time to do it 8)
MoparDan
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge 600

Return to For Guests