The BIG K car show a Major Success. Two New members!

Moderator: 89ARIES

The BIG K car show a Major Success. Two New members!

Postby 89ARIES » Mon May 05, 2008 12:05 am

:lol: The K car show was a major success. I took at least 40 pictures. We had two cars that did not show. Unfortunately, a semitruck decided to back into my club members 1982 Dodge Aries Stationwagon this morning!! :angry: Luckily, minor damage to the front bumper. Car was not destroyed. Grill and body panels intact and straight. My club member had been rushing to get his car washed on the morning of the show before the gate closed at 10:00 AM.

The other member did not come because his 85 LeBaron Convertible decided to break down again. It looks like this car may be done for as a MAJOR electrical problem has surfaced where the car keeps getting drained of power. He may have to get rid of it. No one has been able to fix it.

My car was damaged on Friday. A truck driver dropped a metallic object and rope on the freeway. Before I could get out of the way, the rope got caught up into the wheel wells and the heavy metal object got thrown into my fender. It gouged the metal and even scraped the metal. So now I have a nice circular dent about 1 1/2 inch long below the door that has permanently creased that part of the fender inward at least half a centimeter. It is down low adjacent to the door. I don't know if I can get the dent fixed. It looks like it can be easily hammered out. But, I will have to get it repainted as it was gouged through the primer and the surface of the metal was reshaped. It is basically one jagged line. :angry:

The hazards of driving classic cars when STUPID IDIOTS are around.

:lol:
The Good News, the other four cars showed as promised.

Myself with my 89 Aries Coupe
The other guy with his 89 Plymouth Reliant 4dr Sedan
The other guy with his 84 Chrysler LeBaron TC Convertible
The really nice lady with her 86 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible.

The nice lady's pet finally died. Bad news for the dog. Good news because now she can come to more of my shows! :lol:

Also, TWO new members. This was crazy. A guy walks up and says he is trying to sell his RARE 1986 Chrysler LeBaron 2dr Hardtop. Only a few thousand made. It is black car, all original with 33,000 miles! He and I walk across the highway to take a look at it. I made him a temporary honorary club member as he really does not want to sell the car, but he has to as he has 4 cars. Suddenly, what do I see parked a few cars away but an immaculate 1984 Dodge 600 RED convertible. The owner of the red convertible had been forced to park across the highway as he was not allowed to park in the show since the gates were locked. The guy with the black LeBaron drove me back into the park, and he got to park his cars with the other two K cars still in the park. The lady with the white convertible had left and he took her place. He actually stayed for a while we took more pictures of K cars. Suddenly, I see the red convertible driving in circles trying to find a closer parking spot. I ran up to it and the guy said he had my information. It looks like I now have a new member with an 1984 Dodge 600.

This morning was chaotic and stressfull. There was a lack of communication between my club and the club sponsoring the Spring Fling Mopar 2008. I thought I could park my cars with a small table and banner. I found out that was not allowed. The sponsor club had not responded to my telephone calls or letter. Now they were surprised on the day of the show that I did not know the rules of the road. I had already paid the $25 to get my car into the show. It became an almost heated dispute between my club member, myself, and the guy yelling at me. The guy yelled "FOLLOW YOUR PRESIDENT, DON'T GO THAT WAY". At this moment, cars are backing up in a line behind me as I am unsure of what to do as they say pay us $15 more to park in the swap meet area or no banner or pay $55 for a booth. So in a split second decision, I opted for the secluded swap meet area. Then, they were telling me the K car club could not partake in the judging for trophy competition and then they were saying they were and then they were saying there was a lack of communication, I should have listened they said, but they would let me move my cars into the parked cars area for judging and we took down our banner, threw all the equipment into the convertible, and set up a very small table and used a windshield for a smaller banner. Finally at 10:30 AM, I was able to walk around and enjoy myself. I still lost $15. A lot of Mopar people are SNOBS. It is amazing how the muscle cars outnumber all the other classics 100 to 1. Other cars I saw there were:

Hey Nick! An 1988 Dodge Diplomat M Car
1969 Chrysler New Yorker Wagon
1986 Dodge Omni Shelby GLH
AMC Pacer
Two other AMCs
A 1969 Dodge Polara Police Car
Two F bodies between 1976-1980.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: The BIG K car show a Major Success. Two New members!

Postby 88 aries » Tue May 06, 2008 1:09 pm

that sucks that you got a dent in your k-car thats why i dont drive them daily becuase if something goes wrong then im SOL they are just not the same car when they get damaged.
88 aries

Postby 89ARIES » Tue May 06, 2008 6:44 pm

I'll get it fixed. The dent is down low where you can't see it to well. Its the ugly gouge I have to fix. Whatever hit me, hit me at about 55mph. The sound was as loud as if a car had hit me. I guess heavy metal hitting metal at 55mph in heavy traffic is kind of loud. Also, the dent is in an area that can be pushed out from the inside, if my bodyman has the right tool.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby ReliantLV » Wed May 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Pictures, please!!!

Sorry to hear about the damaged cars....
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby TomChrysler » Mon May 12, 2008 5:57 am

Hi Guy!

I'm sorry to hear about your car. Thank God you didn't have a run-in with rebarr. My Dad had to avoid an airborne one. Even though he swerved, it still took out a mirror. I also knew someone who had a javelin type rebarr pierce through his grill, continue past the engine, and into the passenger seat. I'm sure he got rid of the car after that.

As far as other muscle car Mopar clubs, it is true. They don't appreciate the K-Cars. I also have a Forward Look Town and Country wagon that seems to be out of place at their shows.

But, ya' know. It makes us that much stronger than them. And when they overheat, and pull over to the side of the road, I stop and pass the antifreeze. We are better than that. Car clubs should always take care of each other. I don't care if it is a Corvette club, a Mustang club, or a Yugo club (God forbid).

Sooooooooo....(patriotic music in the backround).... fix that fender, turn on the A/C good and cold, and HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH!
MAKE IACOCCA AND MONTALBAN PROUD!

Giving you my best,

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Return to Upcoming Events