Jay Leno showed up at Fall Fling

Moderator: 89ARIES

Jay Leno showed up at Fall Fling

Postby Butch » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:36 pm

I didn't have my camera or don't know how to post pics anyway, but here's pics from Jason...............http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showt ... post570333 I recruited him, his bro + cousin into the SDAC at the show. Jay's driving a 1 of 3 1963 Chrysler Turbine car that sounded like a vaccum cleaner. I couldn't talk Jay into lifig the hood thu. Also pics of my car and Eric's 87 GLHS parked next to each other. So now you will know what my Laser look's like.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Re: Jay Leno showed up at Fall Fling

Postby Chief » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:12 am

Butch ...I wish I could have made it out , that would have been fun to see!

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby turbokcar » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Butch, some one told me the guy with the black GLHS came back to look at my car for his cousin, did you hear anything about it?
turbokcar
Mechanic

Car Information: '86 Chrysler Lebaron Convertable turbo

Postby Butch » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 am

turbokcar wrote:Butch, some one told me the guy with the black GLHS came back to look at my car for his cousin, did you hear anything about it?

Yea, we talked about it. I told him what I know about your car. I thought he talk to you directly, he mentioned a $1500. price ? They may be at the next meeting and are posting over on TM. User name is Turbo Uno. You may want to sent a PM to him over there.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby INEEDAWOODY » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 pm

INEEDAWOODY

Car Information: 1987 T&C Wagon & 1986 T&C Convertible

Postby Hemi-Dude » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:31 am

Butch wrote: Jay's driving a 1 of 3 1963 Chrysler Turbine car that sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

Saying that a turbine engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner is DUMB. :oops: :P So, I'm not PC, in more ways than one ... I'm a (Mac) too. :lol:
It sounds like a jet engine, You think? :idea:
As I am one of the old fossils in this group, I was actually around during the time the Turbine program was ongoing. I had several experiences with the cars as they were serviced on the East coast at the Chrysler Training Center I often attended. We got to see them being serviced and I have even ridden in one.
I was fortunate to be at Jay's Garage the day 'Car & Driver Magazine' people were out to photograph the car for an upcoming issue.
It sure brought back fond memories of 45 years ago when I last saw one of these cars.
PS; I'll have Canadian bacon and pineapple topping on my pizza on the 19th, please.
Hemi-Dude

Return to Upcoming Events